Slade grew with confidence from his pack and let out a threatening snarl and advanced forward.

Baring his teeth and savagely growing, the beast dared not to step back.

'Hiding behind your pack? Such weakness!' He taunted but Slade was firm.

'Such weakness and yet it has you hesitant. Where is the merciless beast?!' Slade exclaimed back.

The Lycan growled in frustration. He was not weak. It was the shewolf who held him back from his true power. Her weak Werewolf genes were a dominant trait in their body, it allowed her more control while he suffered in the darkness.

It was a gift from the Moon Goddess but a curse to him.

He hated the Werewolf form. Loathed its human instincts. And until he seperated the Werewolf from his Lycan form, only then he would be unstoppable.

But he'd never submit without a bloody fight.

The massive black wolf charged forward! His claws dug into the earth and projected himself straight at the Alpha. It was a blur and whirlwind of savage growls, balls of fur and brutal and vicious attacks.

The beast versus the pack.

All forced themselves to forget that it was the body of Nine's and attacked the beast to protect their Alpha and pack. The beast could not get a hold of the Alpha when he was fighting multiple wolves that snapped down on his legs and back, all pulling him in different direction. He could not feel the pain or the pool of blood falling from his wounds because his eyes were solely on the leaders' and he was not going to stop unless he was dead.

Alpha Slade saw an opening at the back of the beast's neck and heavily clamped down on it. The beast could do very little as the pack flipped him on his side. The action had him filled with utter rage.

They dare force me into submission!

The beast turned wild, he snapped, clawed and twisted himself to stand up. He'd never allow himself to be put into that position because every wolf obeyed the primal instincts that lowering themselves was a sign of submission and for him to be forced into it and allow mere mutts to stand above him was- was-!

Slade took but a second to aim for the beasts' neck and held himself there. The challenge was over.

With his life in the Alpha's hands, the pack released their grip and moved back. Even those injured held their position because it was important for the beast to see. To see that even with his great power and dominance – he was the one laying down before them and exposing himself to the pack.

The vulnerable wolf who lays on the ground, submits to those who stand above him.

And it was the Alpha who decides what happens next.

But this time, he didn't get too because the beast disappeared into the abyss and allowed Nine to resurface. He would not allow himself to be submitted – by force or anything! He would let her to bow down to the Alpha's command.

But he would remember this day and make sure that no one would come between him and his fight with the Alpha.

When Slade felt no movement and a submissive energy flow through him did he allow himself to release his grip. He stood over the black wolf, his head and tail high to show the beast who was the Alpha. Words did not need to be spoken because animal instincts understood who was in charge.

But it was the panic that was rolling off the wolf that had Slade concerned. He saw that the eyes were white and that meant his mate returned.

Thank Goddess! He thought but he could not see the panic build inside of Nine.