Kori frowned. "Ok. I'll see you later."  

I start to turn away and I see Gar frowning in my direction. I don't think anything of it and continue to walk back towards my room. 

~~~~~~~~

The next couple days went the same way. Gar and I walked to our classes together, but slowly more people would join us. Gar was making many new friends. The blond girl was also in our history class and she decided to come sit with us in the back. Her name was Terra. She and Gar talked before class. Terra would beat us to class sometimes. 

I was ok with this. Gar had friends other than me, which allowed me to study and meditate. Gar still talked with me just not as much. 

Kori and I became closer than I thought. She was a very caring person. She told me that Dick and her were seeing each other, but it was against university policy for an RA to be dating a resident. 

I was a little disappointed though. Gar made up a list of video games for us to play together and he hasn't played a single one with me. He has been playing games with his new friends. I caught him and Terra once together. I wasn't too upset since I like having time for myself, I just hope that Gar wasnt lying about wanting to play video games. I was actually looking forward to it. 

It was our fifth day in history class. Terra and Gar were talking about something funny that happened last night to Dick. I stared at the board. Terra was nice, but I just felt something was off with her. Class was actually short that day. The professor told us to prepare for our first quiz tomorrow. He went over a few specifics for us to focus on and dismissed the class. Terra and Gar were talking with each other while I packed my things up. If I got to the cafeteria early that means I would be stuck with Gar and Terra. I didn't really want to listen to them more than I have to, so as we exited the room I walked the other direction. 

"Hey Rachel!" I hear behind me. I turn around and Gar was running up to me. "Where are you going? Cafeteria is the other way." 

I shake my head. "I won't be coming right away." 

Gar frowns. "Why not?" 

I look behind him and see Terra just waiting near a door for him. "I don't want to get between you and Terra. I thought you would like some alone time." 

Gar looks behind him. Terra waves at him. "She's fun and all but I haven't been able to spend time with you lately." 

I try hard not to roll my eyes. "Well Gar, you have made more friends very quickly. I'm not really a people person. I'm going to buy a breakfast sandwich and go eat outside. It is a nice day." 

Gar looks a little hurt. "I can't help it. I like to be social sometimes. Terra and I have a lot in common." 

"Then go have lunch with her. I can take care of myself." I start to turn away. 

Gar takes me by the hand and we run down the hall. I tripped a little but Gar was able to keep me up. We run out the building and go into the library. He leads me to the stairs and we go down one floor. We round a corner and stop. There was a small cafe down here. 

Gar looks at me a d squeezes my hand. "Is this more your style?" 

I look around and there is maybe less than ten students down here. Some were chatting but it was mostly quiet. I smile at Gar. "How did you know this is down here?" 

Gar shrugs. "When you are the son of the big guy on campus, you kind of grow up on campus. Niles really liked having alone time too so he opened this cafe for students who aren't like me. This cafe has sandwiches and sweets too." 

I look up at the menu. Gar takes out his wallet. "Get whatever you want. It's on me." 

"Gar it's ok. I have money." 

Gar rolls his eyes. "Can I do something nice for you?" 

"Fine. I would like a Ceasar wrap and herbal tea please." 

As we wait in line, Gar hasn't let go of my hand. His hand was warm. I was getting little butterflies in my stomach just from holding his hand. I barely knew anything about Gar but he made me feel safe. We had fun together and he was very caring. 

When we got to the counter Gar gave our orders to the cashier. As he let go of my hand, I couldn't help but be disappointed. The warmth was gone. 

I followed Gar back up the stairs. We left the library and found a nice tree to eat under. Gar and I ate together under the tree. Guessing at which birds were flying around. I'm pretty sure I saw my crow friend nearby. Gar laughed and started giving me facts about the different birds. 

"How do you know so much about birds?" I ask.

Gar falls silent for a second. "My parents got me into animals. Not Niles, but my real parents. They died when I was 12." 

I place a hand on top of his. "I'm sorry." 

He closes his eyes. "We were pretty close. They took me to Africa with them. They had a passion for primates. Unfortunately we all got sick with a disease. It killed them, but Niles found me and somehow cured me." He brushes a hand through his hair. "The only side affect was my hair turns greens." 

I look at his hair. "Well, I like your hair." 

He chuckled. "Thanks." 

"If it makes you feel any better. I have never known my father. He's alive somewhere." 

Gar squeezes my hand. "Do you want to find him?" 

I shake my head. "Who would want to find someone who walked out of their life?"

If you like my writing go check out my other story. It is technically a Jacksepticeye fanfiction but you dont have to know anything about him to enjoy it. I feel like that story is better than this one. I'm trying to take this one a little slower. Give me feedback for improvements.

Vila