He quickly wiped his tears and sighed shakily. He wanted to talk to her. That's all he's been doing these past years. He talked to Jiu'er like she was still there with him. It kept him from going insane.

"I-I," His voice breaks as he looked at the bells in his hands.

"I miss you,"

It's been 3,000 years since she met her fated calamity and faded to dust in his arms. Jiu'er was his wife for thirteen years in the mortal realm and seven days in their realm. They only spent four days together, while he spent three days angry at her while fighting Miao Luo. They were only happy for such a short time. Their time separated was longer than the time they spent together, but he can only hold on to the happy memories they had.

These days, even their happy memories seemed so far away in Donghua's mind. All he wanted to do was sleep. At least he could see Jiu'er in his dreams. If he slept forever, would that mean he can see Jiu'er?

Donghua suddenly felt like it's been too long. He's lived for too long. His life was important because it would cause chaos in the realms if he died. But he was so tired. He wanted to be selfish this last time. He could count the times he was selfish on his fingers and all of them ended up hurting Jiu'er. How can I keep living if you're not by my side Jiu'er?

He didn't care what would happen if he died anymore. Wasn't dying better? Then he'd be reunited with his Jiu'er. That would teach fate for keeping them apart. Fate can handle the chaos that comes after.

Donghua slowly got up from his position on the bed and held the bell charm tightly in his hand. He was clad in white mourning robes, as he abandoned his usual purple robes. He has not worn any other color but white since Jiu'er's fated calamity. He walked out of their home and made his way to the lake. He sat by the edge and stared at his reflection for a while. He was about to step into the water when a red shadow emerged from behind him on the lake.

His head snapped up to see his Jiu'er trying to catch a butterfly. She was giggling so happily, he almost thought she was actually there. He stared at her figure without blinking. Jiu'er's figure turned to him and smiled brightly while pointing to an empty patch of land.

"Donghua! I want to plant peach blossoms over there! I want there to be more than Zheyan's!" She giggled happily as she looked at him. Donghua stood up and slowly made his way to her. He knew she wasn't real, but he still wanted to see her.

"Alright. I'll do anything you ask." She had also asked him to do the same when they first came here. He wished he had done everything she asked. He wished he had defied fate sooner and kept her by his side, then maybe she wouldn't be gone.

Jiu'er clapped happily as she pointed at the lake. "Donghua don't you think the lake looks so beautiful?" Donghua didn't look at the lake and kept staring at her.

"Beautiful."

"I'm right! Aren't I?" She asked while smiling. She suddenly turned to him and saw his doting stare. "Donghua, you're not looking at the lake!"

"Mm. I'd rather admire you. Won't you let me do that?"

Jiu'er blushed and tucked a hair behind her ear. Donghua only felt that she looked so real. He was afraid that if he reached out and touched her, she would disappear.

"Donghua, I love you!"

Donghua couldn't help but reach out to caress her hair. His fingers felt like it was going through silk. "I love you too Jiu'er. More than you'll ever know."

Suddenly, she disappeared. Donghua still felt the warmth on his fingers. He knew she wasn't real. She was just his imagination. He must have gone crazy, but at least he could see her. Donghua was planning to end himself in the lake just then, but he paused. He couldn't bear to leave without completing the task Jiu'er had asked him to do... even if she wasn't real.

He turned around to start planting some peach blossoms.

Author's Note: Wow! I was finally able to upload a chapter after trying the whole day~ I'm sorry I made you guys cry in tha last chapter... I hope you guys enjoy the coming chapters <3

THANK YOU FOR 4K READS!

Bruh, it's been less than a day and now we've hit 4k??? This sounds like a reason for celebration :D I will release 2 chapters tomorrow!!!! Thank you all for your support <3

 I love you all! Stay Safe <3

Also poor Donghua :( I know I said he would kick fate's butt... But i kinda lied? You will see what I mean in the next chapters! 

-Yunxi