Jim tried to open her door but realised it was locked "liz?" he asked but she wouldn't answer, he glanced back at the others and they grew worried "Liz, I know how you feel, but you can't give up" he said trying to get to her "you don't have to have powers to be a chaoswielder." he continued but she still remained quiet "please open this door, we are all here for you"

"Yeah, Liz, we're a family remember?" toby said light-heartedly.

"And we can't just leave you behind like this" Claire said and chuckled "we're the only two people here with common sense"

Marc kneeled down and spoke through the keyhole, his voice muffled "we need you Lizzie"

They chuckled but jim frowned as he noticed there wasn't even the slightest sound of movement in that room but he could hear wind "step back guys" they were all confused but stepped back nonetheless, he used his dual daggers to open the door and they all gasped as they saw the room empty, the only thing they noticed was the open window, Jim immediately knew where she would be and rushed downstairs to the backdoor "she can't have gone far"

Claire readied her staff "I'll create a portal to her"

John and Maya grabbed the car keys "we'll look around Arcadia just in case, cover more ground" he said.

Claire created her portal and as soon as she did they all froze in place emitting a green glow, Merlin looked at them all and said "I cannot let you do that" he stood in front of the portal and they all glared at him "Elizabeth must make a choice, and I cannot let anyone of you get in the way."

Passing through the portal he saw that Elizabeth was sitting down by a lake, he looked at her sadly and walked up to her. Standing beside her he handed her the amulet "here."

She was confused "but I thought you said I couldn't be the chaoswielder anymore?" she didn't take the amulet as she thought that this was a trick.

He shook his head "I'm afraid I've used every trick" he said jokingly "you gave up so easily, why?"

She sighed "I guess it was because I didn't want to get in the way" she admitted as much as it hurt to say she knew it was true "I don't care whether or not it's me who will stop this, all I want is for it to end with us on the winning side"

He hummed, impressed with her words "but your name would've been remembered for millennia"

Cutting him off she said to him "I don't care whether or not I go down in history, all I want is to keep people safe." she grew infuriated with this and said out of anger.

"Even if you die?"

His question hit her abruptly, and without hesitation she stood up and looked at Merlin "if it means the people I care for are safe?" she placed her hands in her pockets and walked away "I can live with that."

He was impressed by her response and said "what if I told you, that there was a way for you to restore your energy paths."

Pausing in her tracks she turned around, curious "what?"

"What if I told you, there was one being in this vast universe, who can destroy that fear?" he said to her, once he noticed how intrigued she was he continued "the chaos realm was never just a floating rock, it was a part of something more." he created another window to the past.

She was sceptical "I thought you lost all your chaos?"

He chuckled "I saved the last amount of energy I had to show you all of this" he said.

As the mist cleared she saw that they were in a forest "this doesn't look like a place on earth" she said as she noticed the tall trees and glowing gemstones scattered all over, the unnatural looking plants and small critters around the place.