Chapter 5: The Battle

[Noon - The Next Day, Eddie's apartment]

A whole day of waiting, a whole day of staying inside, a whole day of doing nothing...it was more than you can handle. Seeing that you were anxious to do something, Eddie let you work out your pent up stress on his punching bag. He and (F/N) watched you worriedly, through your huffs and grunts they knew you were holding back the urge to cry.

"She's been on that thing for what, 3 hours now? I'm amazed it's still standing...or hanging I should say." your friend commented.

"So am I, I'm a little worried Venom might rip it from the ceiling. Jokes aside, I'm more worried about her. To be forced into a fight like this, I can't begin to imagine how scared she is."

"Then you don't know her like I do."

"What?"

"She's going to face off against a revenge/blood-thirsty alien later tonight. Deep down she is struggling to hide the fact she's terrified. When it comes to violence (Y/N) is more like me, she's a pacifist. Try as she might she isn't really a fighter fighter, you know? And the very last thing she wants is to fight a friend."

"Cole isn't a friend anymore." you paused, leaning against the punching bag "At least that's what I've been telling myself. You know we can still hear you right?"

"At this point we thought you were tuning us out." Eddie chuckled, hoping to make you laugh. He glanced at (F/N) who only shook their head "Don't give me that, OK? Can you blame me for trying to get her to smile?"

"Eddie, I appreciate it but..." you sighed, tossing your boxing gloves aside before laying on the couch "nothing can de-stress me right now."

"I can think of one thing." Venom commented in a sultry tone.

"Venom, you're no help either! Can you please get your mind out the gutter?"

"Technically, it's your mind, not mine." You whimpered at his remark, covering your face with a pillow.

"Huh, didn't think she'd get stuck with a horny parasite." (F/N) joked, nearly making Eddie spit up his drink. While he laughed, you tossed the pillow at them.

"Really funny guys, this isn't a joke! This is life or death right now, this is...this is madness! It's like they said, we're fighting for the fate of the planet tonight and I seem to be the only one that cares!"

"Hey, (Y/N), take it easy." Eddie stood "Trust me when I say we're all feeling the stress, if anything I'm feeling it just as bad as you. You're not the only one that's going to have to face him, remember?"

"Plus you've got me too," (Y/N) added "so long as we stick to the plan it'll be OK. We bait him in, you guys brawl, and we save the day. Easy-peasy, right?" They grinned at you, happy that they finally made you laugh.

"If only it were that easy..." you approached them, catching them both in a hug "At least I'm not in this alone, thank you guys."

"You're welcome, we've got your back (Y/N). Once the sun goes down, it's showtime. Before we actually go to the site, I've got an idea to make it look more realistic."

[9:45 PM - P.H.S.H]

"Wait, so I'll be tied up? Is that really necessary?" you questioned as (Y/N) sat you down in a old chair.

"I thought it was crazy too, but it would look hella sketchy for you to just be standing around waiting for him. Now hold still, we gotta add on to the illusion that you were kidnapped." They chuckled, smearing dirt on your shirt.

"Really, I just got this shirt (F/N)!"

"I said hold still, we can't take any chances of him catching on. OK, clothes are dirty, but it still needs something."