"Please stop crying," Midge begs looking worried. "You'll both ruin your makeup."

"Shut up and let them both have their moment." Mia rolls her eyes. 

"I'm not sad." I wipe the tears falling down my face. "I'm anything but sad. I am happy. I'm very happy to have two best friends who love me so much. A sister who adores me. A mother who cares for me like her own and I'm getting married to the man of my dreams. Why should I be sad? I'm happy. These are happy tears."  

"Aww." They all coo and another group hug coming.

"Thank God we use the waterproof makeup." Midge lets out a sigh of relief making us all laugh.

I look at the clock and see the time.  Oh my god, it's almost time.

 I pull away from the hug and start to pace around. I can finally feel the nervousness kick in rapidly."

"Calm down," Shelly says in a comforting tone. "Everything would be just fine."

"What if he changes his mind?" I asked looking at myself in the mirror. "He didn't like commitment before he could-"

"I've seen the way my son looks at you, he wouldn't change his mind." Grace cuts me from my rambling. 

"Now come on we have one thing remaining." Mia pulls me to the mirror and climbs a stool. 

"What?" I asked staring at myself.

"Your veil." She whispers and puts it on my head smiling down at me. "There we go, Mrs. King."

"Thank you." I smile at her watching her come down and adjusting her hairdo.

I felt complete.

I felt like a bride.

The doors suddenly burst wide open.

"David." Mia walks up to her husband and pulls him in for a kiss. "You know you can't be here."

"Hi, babe." He greets her but pulls away quickly. I could see his troubled face.

Something is not right.

"Why are you here?" Midge asked raising a brow.

"Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly. "Is Ethan okay?"

"I need you to calm down Dorothy." He says to me. "He's fine, I believe his fine. I mean-

"Just get to the point." Grace commands getting tired of the suspense.

"Ethan didn't show up." He said looking down at me with sympathy 

I felt my heart drop as fresh tears rolled down my face.

I knew it.

I knew that this was too good to be true.

" Why? Is he okay.?" Shelly asked still shocked at the news she just heard.

"We suspected something was wrong  when he didn't meet  us so we went to his apartment but he wasn't there." He sighs rubbing his temples.

I felt my heart shattered into a million pieces.

I felt my legs weaken. Just as I was about to fall someone wrapped their arm around me holding me up. 

"I'm so sorry dear." I hear Grace whisper to me. "You don't deserve any of this."

Midge and Shelly both came toward us trying to calm me down but I was not having it. Nothing could ever calm me down.

 Ethan left.

 Did he even love me at all?

 Wasn't I  good enough?

Did he finally find someone better than me?

 I thought he loved me.

"Are you sure he wasn't there? Did you check every room?" Mia asked her husband.

"Yeah, all his things were gone too." David's groaned getting annoyed at the interrogation Mia was giving him.

"Why weren't you with him in the first place?" Mia shouted at her husband sounding pissed. "All those groom's men why weren't you all with him? I can't believe it. You guys were meant to be with him. to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

"I was with Jojo!" He snapped finally. " I couldn't take a baby to a fucking club. We all agreed to meet up at our place this morning but he didn't show up." 

 It was hectic.

Midge and Shelly tried comforting me with sweet comforting words, Mia was putting all the blame on her husband, Grace was calling her husband, and finally me.

 I was numb. 

The tears didn't stop flowing but deep inside, I was numb.

This is the day that Dorothea Harper is broken beyond repair and nothing can ever fill the void in my heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I started this new book and I really hope you love it. The next chapter would be out soon I promise

Please vote, comment and share.

Love you guys

Jo.