Chapter 1: Back to Hogwarts

"Charity, watch out for Neville alright?" Gran says as I board the train, gently pushing Neville ahead of me,

"Of course, Gran. I love you!" I tell her, and she smiles back at me as I follow my adopted brother onto the train. We got here early as an extra precaution in case something went wrong with Neville, as it always seemed to. First year, he lost his frog. Second year, he lost his luggage. Third year? Started crying because of a dementor attack (of course, that did happen after the train took off). But so far, his fourth and my sixth year seem to be off to a decent start.

Though if history truly does repeat itself... that couldn't go on for much longer.

"Are your friends here yet Nevy? Harry? Hermione? John?" I ask, glancing around the cabin for one of the other fourth year Gryffindors, but to be quite honest I'm not sure if I'd recognize them even if I did see one of them.

"It's Ron. Gosh Rity! School hasn't even started and you're already fried!" Neville jokes as we see a parade of red-heads climb onto the train, including my two biggest and only enemies: Fred and George Weasley. Neville runs off to join Ron, Harry and Ginny Weasley, and I try to avert my gaze from the twins.

Ever since first year when George stuck a wad of super sticky candy in my hair, the two gingers have pranked me relentlessly because apparently I was 'overtrusting and too shy to tell anyone about the pranks.' Though I couldn't exactly argue on the shy part, if anything the pranks have made me extremely weary of everyone.

"Oi! Longbottom!" I inwardly groan as Fred spots me, and suddenly I'm flanked on either side by the two extremely tall boys.

"H-how was yo-your Summer?" I stutter, a mixture of fear and timidness causing me to stumble on my words.

"Great of course. We went to the Quidditch World Cup." Fred says casually.

"Bit of a nasty ending we must say, but still a great show." George adds as soon as his brother finishes.

"That's n-nice." I mumble, and try to walk past them, but they've seemed to have intertwined their arms with mine. "I need to go to the Prefects' Car, if you d-don't mind." I tell them.

"In a bit. I think we should start this year off in a classic manner-don't you Georgie?" Fred quips, and I groan. Classic manner has to mean a prank.

"Sounds like a good plan. What do you think, Itty-Rity?" George asks, and I shake my head hastily. "Come on, you Ravenclaws are always worrying about fun pran-"

"Hey, are you bothering her?" A new, sturdy voice asks, and I whip my head up to see the most popular boy in my year, Cedric Diggory, glaring at the Weasley twins. They let me go and run off immediately, causing me to fall to the ground. Cedric extends a hand and helps me up.

"Th-thanks." I tell him quietly, and he smiles warmly at me.

"No problem. You're going to the Prefects' Car too, right?" He asks, and I nod. "Cool. I'll walk with you then?" Giving him a small smile and a nod, we begin walking towards the other end of the train.

"I'm Cedric, by the way." He tells me, and I laugh a bit, "What is it?"

"Well, for one we've been in classes together for the last six years, and two you're extraordinarily popular." I explain in a strong voice, then suddenly feel self conscious as I notice Cedric staring at me intently. "S-so of course I know who you are." I finish in a small voice, and he gives me another wide smile.

"Right, should have thought about that. The being in classes together part, of course. I'm not saying I'm popular-that'd be pretty vain of me." He says in an almost awkward voice as we reach the car. Almost as soon as we step in Cedric is surrounded by his friends.