*****

Donghua arrived in Taichen Palace looking for Liansong. He had to read the letter Fengjiu had left him. To his surprise, he found Liansong sitting pensively in his study. "It's good that you're here. Where's the letter that my wife left?"

Liansong took out the envelope Fengjiu had entrusted to him and gave it to Donghua. He watched Donghua open the envelope quickly and sit down on his chair.

Donghua was about to open the envelope when Liansong cleared his throat. "Your wife said she was going to the mortal realm to experience misfortune. She said there's no need to worry because every fox queen goes through it." Donghua looked at Liansong with furrowed brows, "Did she say anything else?" Liansong hesitantly continued, "She said you don't need to look for her anymore and that you have already fulfilled everything she asked."

Donghua's expression turned rigid at his words. Before he could say anything else, Liansong was already adding, "She didn't look so well... I tried to convince her to stay, but she left quickly..." Donghua suddenly felt worried. She wasn't feeling well? Was she sick? Or was she angry at him?

Donghua opened the envelope and unfolded the letter as another paper behind it fell on the ground. He reached for the paper on the ground and stiffened at the contents. Divorce Papers? He looked at it again and saw that Fengjiu had already signed. It was just lacking his signature. He looked at the paper with furrowed brows when he realized that Fengjiu had said that they would only be married until her heavenly trial. His lips quirked up into a smile. How bold. Only Fengjiu would dare to serve divorce papers to his face. Too bad, he didn't plan on letting her go.

He burned the divorce papers right there and then making Liansong's jaw drop. "Wasn't that important? Fengjiu looked very serious when she gave me that envelope..." Liansong said unsure. If he remembered correctly, Fengjiu looked very sick when she handed him that envelope. It sounded like she was handing him her will.

Donghua shook his head and opened her other letter. His hands froze at the contents.

Donghua,

When you're reading this, I'm already experiencing my misfortune in the mortal realm. I want to thank you for marrying me and making my dream come true.

I know you removed your name from the Stone of Three Lives, and I know you don't believe you have fate in love. But Donghua, I want you to know that I don't think that's true. When I first met you, I knew I was a goner. I fell in love with you at first sight. I chased you all those years hoping you would love me back, but I realized how much disaster my chasing has brought you all these years. You even lost your powers because you wanted to indulge my fantasies... I'm sorry I caused you so many difficulties with my childishness and impulsiveness.

You told me 200 years ago during my coronation that I should let you go. What do I do Donghua? I can't bring myself to let go or stop loving you. But I understand that you can't abandon your responsibility or the peace you have been protecting all these years.

I want you to know that I will stop bothering you from now on. I'll be spending many years in the mortal realm to learn as much as I can to be the best ruler I can be. You don't have to look for me or comfort me. I will be fine, so I hope you don't worry.

The four days we spent together as a married couple were truly the happiest days of my life next to our time in the mortal realm. Donghua, you once told me that one lifetime is enough for immortals... But I don't have fate with you in this one. If we do meet in another life, won't you give me a chance? I'll love you forever, no matter what lifetime.

I left some sugar foxes in the Holy Blue Sea.

I love you!

Love,

Jiu'er

Donghua's hands shook as he read the letter again... and again. She was truly planning to leave him! Oh Jiu'er, I don't plan on letting you go. He stood up preparing to find her, but Si Ming came running in with a panicked look on his face. "Dijun! I cannot find Her Highness Fengjiu's mortal fate no matter where I look. I believe she is not in the mortal realm."

Donghua's eyebrows furrowed. So Jiu'er wasn't in the mortal realm? Where could she have gone? Donghua suddenly remembered the bell charms she wore on her ankle. He never told her, but when they got married, he casted a spell on the bell charm she still kept. He closed his eyes and focused on Fengjiu's location. It made him open his eyes in confusion. Qingqiu? Why was she there? Didn't she say she was going to the mortal realm?

Donghua didn't have time to wonder about why she lied to him. He quickly left Taichen Palace and made his way to Qingqiu as fast as he could. He hasn't seen his wife in three days. He missed her a lot.

Jiu'er it's time to come home.