Chapter 6

Kiara's pov

I was shocked that Mr. Marking knew who Nathaniel was. They must be family or something, I guess. "Alright I want everyone to stand and say their full names," Mr Marking said as he walked down the rows handing out sheets of paper. When he came to our table he looked down at Nathaniel and smiled as he handed us our sheets of paper. Nathaniel was frozen, he would not move, for some reason Nathaniel did not like this guy. "Now I want everyone to fill out this questionaire while I take roll and then we can introduce ourselve," Mr. Marking said as he walked to the front of the room. When he spoke Nathaniel came out of his spell and looked down at the handout and stiffened. I sat up trying to see what was wrong, but before I could see Nathaniel picked the sheet up and crumpled it, but it was not the handout, it had looked like Mr. Marking had written Nathaniel something. By the end of class we had spent the whole period just introducing ourselves and stuff about us. This was my kind of class, not doing anything, but my mind kept trailing back to the way Nathaniel had acted. I could tell our new teacher was no one to be messed, so maybe I'll keep my distance until the end of the school year.

When class ended I got up, but I saw that Nathaniel staye in his seat, "hey wanna grab some lunch after 3rd period?"

Nathaniel looked up at me and smiled, "sure I'd love to."

"Great! I'll meet you outside, oh and I got a new car so maybe you wanna try it out," I waved as I walked out of the room and into the hallway. I did not really want to go to my next two classes, so I decided that I would skip my second period and go to my third period. Luckily my third period was English so I just had to pretend to listen. My second class was...well considering I haven't been to my second class all year, I am not really sure what it is. Which is even more of a reason not to go because I would enver find the class. I walked over to the library and sat down at one of the tables and pulled out my iphone. I saw that my dad has texted me during my first period class.

I heard that you found out about you mother. Wanna talk about it?

Was he serious? I am his daughter not his best friend. I bet my dad thinks that now my mom has screwed up it is his chance to jump in and get me on his side, but not way. I do not pick sides, I am on my own side, and if my parents ever think I am forgiving either of them they are going to waiting for a long time.

Uh no I really don't want to talk to you just as must as I don't want to talk to mom. So you can just leave me alone. I don't want to see your slut girlfriend who could be my older sister and I definetly don't want to see your bastard child and her siblings.

Satisfied with my answer I put my phone down and pulled out my calculus book and started doing my homework when Jason walked up to me.

"Hey Jace what's going on? Wanna sit with me?"

"Sure" he said as he pulled up a chair and sat across from me. "Hey I have to tell you soething, but you have to promise me you won't tell anyone, alright?"

"Of course what happened Jace?" I have known Jason since we were kids, and even though we went out we promised each other no matter what happened we would always be best friends.

"Well I was walking to my second period when I remembered I left my phone in caculus so I went back to get it and I heard that new teacher and Nathaniel talking. Well it was more like yelling. He was telling Nathaniel his deadline was Sunday. I left before I could listen anymore because I'm pretty sure that guy saw me. I wonder what his deadline is, do you think it's for a paper?"

I laughed, "Jason it obviously was not about a paper especially since we do not even have school on Sundays. It must be something serious. Maybe Nathaniel will tell me."

"Erm K just try not to get hurt ok. Nathaniel came from Califronia which is known for its gangs, and I bet that guy used to be in one. And from what I've heard when you leave a gang they never let you go. I bet that guy is here to settle something with Nathaniel"

"Oh come on Jace you don't know that. Besides do not start spreading rumors that we are not sure even exist. Ok? Promise me you won't spread the rumor," I demanded.

Jason put his hands up, "alright I promise K. Just stay safe. Gotta go see you later!"

"Kay," I said waving good bye as I turned my attention to my math homeowork not really wanting to work on it. All I could think about is what Jason said about Nathaniel and Mr. Marking. I would have to get this information out of him, I wanted to be able to help and protect him. I looked at my phone it was only the middle of second period, a long way away from lunch. I sighed as I turned my attention to my calculus homework and started working on it.

Nathaniel's pov

After Kiara had asked me to lunch I was so excited. I did not know why, but I loved spending time with her, she was just so carefree and didn't let anyone drag her down. As I turned me attention to Carlos I stood and walked to the front of the room. I slammed my hands on the table grabbing his attention, "what do you want Carlos? I told you I would give you the money when you came on Saturday."

Carlos never looked up, "that girl sitting next to you was very pretty. Kiara I think her name was. Well it just so happens that I do need to wach over you Nathaniel. Since you ran away from me in Cali I don't want to have to worry if I will get my money, and it seems I have some business to attend to on Saturday so I want you to give it to me on Sunday. Then I promise I will be out of your life forever, and I wil sever all ties you had with the gang."

I narrowed my eyes, "how do I know I can trust you?"

"You are just going to have to." Carlos sighed like he was tired of fighting.

"Fine, but if I find you ar lying, I am suing your ass and I will make sure they know what you have done for the past 15 years. Got that?"

Carlos looked angry being threatened, "Of course. Now leave I have a class coming in."

I gave Carlos a long hard look before leaving, what he had said about Kiara made my bones chill. If he found out I cared about her, she would get hurt. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts as I headed to my next class.