"Where are you going?" Liansong finally gave in and took the envelope, keeping it safe in his sleeve. Fengjiu closed her eyes before replying. "I'm going to the mortal realm to experience misfortune. Every Queen of the fox clan goes through this at least once in her life. I won't be back for a long period of time. Please tell Donghua that I'll be fine, and he doesn't need to worry."

Liansong observed Fengjiu closely and realized she looked very weak. He was pretty sure Donghua would beat him up if he allowed Fengjiu to face her mortal challenge like this so he opened his mouth to suggest she eat first but Fengjiu walked to the door and faced him once more.

"Liansong... Tell Donghua that... He doesn't have to look for me. He already fulfilled everything I asked," She said while smiling. Liansong tried to understand what she meant, but she was already gone. Liansong scratched his head. What does she mean by that?

Liansong went to find Zhong Lin to figure out exactly what was happening. When Zhong Lin explained that Dijun and Her Highness Fengjiu had an argument before he left, Liansong was suddenly struck with a bad feeling. "What did he go to do?" Zhong Lin looked around before murmuring to Liansong, "He went to kill Miao Luo once and for all. She has almost broke the seal."

Liansong cursed before telling Zhong Lin to look for Fengjiu while he went to find Mo Yuan for help. That dumb Donghua! There were many powerful deities, why did he have to face Miao Luo alone?

*****

Donghua spat out a mouthful of blood as he was hit by Miao Luo's spell. "Donghua... Do you really think you can kill me? I'm more powerful than I was in our fight all those years ago," Miao Luo taunted as she slowly walked to Donghua.

Donghua clutched his sword tighter as he prepared to attack, when suddenly a red wave came, engulfing Miao Luo. Donghua narrowed his eyes, this... Mo Yuan?

Mo Yuan flew into the ward Donghua set up while waving his sword causing the red haze around Miao Luo to trap her. Donghua quickly launched an attack of his own, causing Miao Luo to be thrown several feet away. He turned to Mo Yuan with furrowed brows. "How did you get in?" Mo Yuan just rolled his eyes and sent another attack at Miao Luo. "Liansong found me to help you."

Donghua was confused, Liansong was back? Before he could ask, Miao Luo came charging at them once again. Donghua and Mo Yuan flew back unleashing a series of powerful attacks. Miao Luo was no match for them both as her attacks grew weaker. "Mmm not bad. You still got it." Mo Yuan smirked as he taunted Donghua.

Donghua was annoyed because he wanted to get this over as soon as possible and talk to Fengjiu about what she did but Miao Luo just wouldn't die. He watched her writhe on the floor, weak, but not dead. He narrowed his eyes preparing to launch another attack, but Mo Yuan stopped him. Donghua glared at him but Mo Yuan took out the Hexu sword.

Donghua looked at it with a confused expression. Isn't the Hexu sword Jiu'er's? Why did Mo Yuan have it? He was about to ask when Mo Yuan actually threw the sword over to him. Donghua caught the sword and caught the scent of blood and a familiar essence. He furrowed his eyebrows as he scrutinized the blade closely. Suddenly, he realized... The sword... It's coated with Jiu'er's blood!

Donghua glared at Mo Yuan furiously asking for an explanation. Why did he have Jiu'er's sword? Why... Why was it coated in her blood? Mo Yuan saw Donghua's dark look and coughed lightly. "The fox queen came to visit me in Kunlun Mountain three days ago..." Donghua looked at him waiting for a clear answer. It's been three days since he left to fight Miao Luo.

"What did my wife tell you?" Donghua said darkly. He didn't like the fact that Fengjiu had visited Mo Yuan alone. Now that he thought about it, he still needed to talk to her about the stunt she pulled during Yehua and Bai Qian's wedding.

Mo Yuan felt Donghua's angry stare and hastened to explain. "She said that she was going to the mortal realm to experience misfortune. She left you a letter with Liansong and she went to me to leave her sword coated with her blood," Mo Yuan paused watching Donghua's reaction. Just like he thought, his friend had no idea about Fengjiu's plans and paled at his words.

"What did you say? Mortal Realm? Misfortune? You're telling me my wife is not in Taichen Palace right now?" Donghua felt like he could hear his heart pounding at Mo Yuan's words. Jiu'er left the palace? Why didn't she tell me? Is it time for her heavenly trial? Why is she in a hurry to go to the mortal realm? Various thoughts swirled in Donghua's mind as he tried to think of what Fengjiu was planning.

"She told me that the blood of a nine-tailed fox could seal-" Mo Yuan was cut-off by Donghua's angry eyes. "She didn't know where to find you, so she left it with me saying that if ever there was an evil spirit you needed to seal, using her sword will seal it immediately.

Donghua's head felt like it was stuck in a fog. How exactly did Jiu'er coat the sword? Did she cut herself? Was she hurt? He didn't know what Fengjiu was planning but he knew that the moment he got back to the heavens, he needed to find Si Ming to tell find out where exactly his wife was. He would know everything about the mortal realm.

Donghua clutched the Hexu sword tightly and turned to face Miao Luo's writhing form on the ground. "Didn't you say I could never kill you?" Miao Luo froze looking at Donghua's icy eyes that had a hint of wrath in them.

"Now now Donghua... Don't be impulsive! Don't you want my power to-" Miao Luo wasn't able to finish her words when Donghua swung the sword and slashed her neck in one blow, finishing her off. Donghua glared at her disappearing body as he turned around to disperse the ward. "Where are you going?" Mo Yuan called out as he watched Donghua leave. "Purify this place, will you?" Donghua demanded without turning around. He had trapped Miao Luo in a ward in Fanyin Valley. "Alright. But where are you going?" Mo Yuan asked again.

"To find my wife!"

Author's Note: Hello everyone~ Hope you're all staying safe and healthy! Fufu~ unlike the drama, Donghua was able to finish Miao Luo off pretty easily because of Fengjiu's blood! I just wanted you all to know... The end of this book is... pretty near? Hehe Also!

THANK YOU FOR 3K READS <3

It's been less than 2 days since I thanked you all for 2k but here we are with 3k reads!!! I can barely believe it.. I never expected my book to get this much reads and positive feedback. Thank you all for you support~ To celebrate and show you guys my gratitude, I'll be releasing an extra chapter! Please let me know in the comments if you want the chapter to be released later at 3PM (GMT +8) or I will release two chapters tomorrow! This came at such a great time, because we're about to hit the climax of my story~ Once again, I would like to thank you all for your support! Do let me know what you think of the story so far and when you would like me to release the extra chapter in the comments <3

Edit: Hola everyone~ I just finished writing another chapter and I'm in a really good mood so I changed my mind about the extra chapter. I will release TWO CHAPTERS later at 3PM (GMT +8) <3 Hope you enjoy hehehe <3 Love you all and stay safe!

-Yunxi