"Can't we talk now?" She grabbed his arm. "It's really important."

Aang glanced back at his other friends, and then nodded. "If it's really that important."

"Yes, it is," She smiled, and lead the way away from the cafeteria.

A minute later, they were at Aang's locker. "Why are we here?"

"Oh, well, I just wanted to talk in privacy," Kat said, shifting her bag. "Y'know.... about us."

"What about us?" Aang had started to get uncomfortable. But he knew this was just her trying to prove she could get anything. To who she was proving this? He didn't know exactly.

It was like she constantly was trying to prove things to herself, that she could do them. If she had already done it, then she wanted to do it better than before. Normally it would be a good trait to have, but for Katara it was bad mental practice.

"Well, we're going to the dance together right?" She looked worried then.

While he wanted to say no, to spare her the mental stress of it all, he just nodded. Aang loved Katara, but she was like a sister. Like how Toph was a sister to him, not in the romantic way that Katara saw. He wasn't even sure if Kat liked him, or if it was just another thing to gain.

"Okay... and usually when people go to dances, they're dating," She said. "So, I wanted to know, even though you said earlier we weren't. Uh, if you changed your mind."

"I guess I was a little harsh," Aang sighed. "I mean, I'm trying to say that I want to see how the dance goes."

"Oh," Her face suddenly broke into a wide smile. "Okay, I'll see you later."

Katara left, and Aang felt even worse than before, so instead of seeing Zuko and Toph like usual, he sat down in front of his locker and waited for the bell.

Kat, on the other hand, was ecstatic. If she made a good enough impression on Aang at the dance, he'd be hers. And then she'd have a boyfriend. And it would be the avatar. No one else could top that. Of course, she'd also have to wear a very nice dress in order to impress him, and also wear make up for the first time in her entire life.

Toph knew what was going on. She was also friends with Katara, but unlike Aang, she knew what people were feeling all the time. Toph hated that Aang was doing this to not only Katara, but Zuko as well. As if she hadn't picked up his raised heartbeat around Aang.

"Was that Katara?" Zuko asked, tapping his fingers together.

"Yeah...." Toph said. "She always gets what she wants."

"Is what she wants Aang?" he looked at her.

"In this case, yes," Toph sighed.

"She's stubborn, that's for sure," Zuko frowned.

"Katara is like a boulder rolling down a hill," Toph said. "And you're trying to stop it with your bare hands."

Zuko nodded. Toph thought for a moment at the analogy.

"She might be a boulder," Toph furrowed her brow. "but I'm an earthbender."

<3

That was when Toph decided she had to do something about Katara. First it was the forcing Aang to be her boyfriend, then it was the text she sent to Zuko, which, she hadn't told Aang about.

Yesterday, after Zuko had left Aang's house, he received a text from a new number, and it said to stay away from Aang. While they had no proof it was Katara, it was pretty obvious. Who else would've sent it? Toph was sick of her trying to separate Aang from her and Zuko.

There was this insatiable need for her to be the only friend. If that person talked to any other friend, she immediately thought they liked the other person better, and she would start trying to top her friendship over the other. She'd act overly-nice, give the person gifts, buy them unwanted items, and force them to hang out with her 24/7 at school.

This normally ended up with a friendship break up, until Aang came along. He'd seen Katara's problem and wanted to fix it. Toph also noticed the problem, and so did Sokka, but he'd been living with her his entire life.

Toph wanted to stop Katara's path of mental stability destruction. She knew that by the time she was 30, Kat would have completely gone over board, not in an insane way, more like a forever-alone way of overboard. So, yeah, Toph was worried for her. But she was also hella pissed at her as well.

Aang had told her he didn't need her help, that he could fix this mess on his own, but she knew he was wrong. Toph might not be able to help Katara realize that this was wrong, but she could at least save Aang from being stuck in a relationship he didn't want to be in.

<3

omg sorry for the short chapter :( It's only 50 words until 1,500 which is the normal length qwq I was just tired and this was supposed to be a chapter about Katara's mental health, so it's pretty short.

I got locked out of my account!!! This is not a drill!!! I cannot access my account on my phone, so by the time you see this, It's probably been a few days, or maybe this will work and the chapter will publish from my computer? I hope so... otherwise, i have to wait until they answer my email

nvm, i just saw that the publish button just won't click... so whenever I log out of my account on the computer, that's when I lose ALL access. So, I'm not going to log out until I can change the email attatched to the accuon

OH MY GOSH I GOT IN LIKE 2 MINUTES AFTER WRITING THAT LOL

Until next time !!!!! i love u all ;-;