"Good morning Jiu'er, I have a present for you." Fengjiu's eyes twinkled as she looked up to him. Another present? Donghua took her left hand and placed a ring on her finger. Fengjiu was stunned by the pretty purple glow it had and looked at Donghua with wide eyes. Donghua smiled at her dumbfounded expression and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"Get up. We'll be late."

*****

The banquet after Bai Qian and Yehua's wedding was starting. Bai Qian sat beside Yehua as they talked happily. Donghua watched them wondering where his wife was. He was about to get up and look for her himself, but the announcement froze him on the spot.

"Her Highness Bai Fengjiu, Queen of Qingqiu, will be performing a special dance for Her Highness Crown Princess and His Highness Crown Prince!"

Fengjiu entered the banquet hall clad in a beautiful purple robe, matching the color of Donghua's robes. Donghua furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of her. It wasn't appropriate for royals to dance in front of a crowd. Donghua usually didn't care about rules, but this was his wife! He didn't want anyone else to see her dance. Even if it was a special presentation.

Fengjiu caught his eye and gave him a bewitching wink. Donghua was frozen in his seat as his hand clenched into a fist. He looked around the hall to see countless male deities admiring Fengjiu. They were eyeing his wife! Abominable! Donghua was about to stand up and take her away but Fengjiu gave him a placating look. He obediently sat down with furrowed eyebrows. He was... very angry! And... very jealous!

The music started playing as Fengjiu raised her arms into her beginning pose. She moved gracefully as she blended her actions with the music. Everyone's eyes were fixed on her as she danced. Donghua watched his  beautiful wife dance for many people with clenched fists.

Her body was lithe and graceful as she twirled around. The crowd watched her transfixed by her beauty and grace. Donghua always knew Fengjiu was beautiful, but he only realized now that he was not the only one who thought so. The music started slowing down as Fengjiu gracefully moved her arms, twirling into her ending position. Thunderous applause and cheers resounded as she stood up and curtsied to Yehua and Bai Qian.

"Fengjiu thank you so much for your special presentation, you have made me so happy!" Bai Qian blubbered as she wiped tears from her eyes. Donghua suddenly turned his glare to Bai Qian when he realized it was her who had asked Fengjiu to dance in front of many people.

Fengjiu smiled at her aunt before giving Donghua a glance to calm down. Donghua tried very hard, but he couldn't calm down! He followed Fengjiu outside as she left the hall, grabbing her by the hand, he transported them to Taichen Palace.

"What was that Fengjiu?!" Donghua was so furious, he even called Fengjiu by her full name. Fengjiu gave a start when she saw Donghua was so angry. Her heart started pounding in her chest when he didn't call her Jiu'er.

"Donghua- I- I- Gugu asked me to present a special dance for her wedding a long time ago-" Donghua let go of her hand as he stared at her intensely. "You're only telling me this now Fengjiu?" She felt stifled as she tried to hold his hand, but he broke free from her grasp.

"Donghua... I- p-promised Gugu! I forgot about it until this morning when she was getting ready." Fengjiu refused to cry, she refused to make Donghua give in again because of her tears.

"How could you agree to dancing in front of so many people?!" Donghua was still angry as he closed his eyes trying to calm down. Before Fengjiu could reply, Zhong Lin materialized beside Donghua.

"Dijun, it's an emergency!" Zhong Lin felt very sorry for interrupting what seemed to be a serious conversation, but it really was an emergency! Miao Luo was starting to break the seal, which meant it was time for Donghua to end her... permanently!

"Go back, We'll talk when I get back." Fengjiu panicked and grasped his hand. "Donghua! Where are you going?" Donghua shook her hand away and looked at Zhong Lin. "Let's go."

"Donghua! Where are you going? Donghua!" Donghua was leaving when he felt Fengjiu wrap her arms around his waist from behind. "Donghua! You know you are the only one I love. Please don't be angry!" Fengjiu said as the tears she was holding back finally burst out. Donghua gently pried her arms away from him and turned to look at her.

"Fengjiu, we will talk when I get back."

Donghua took one look at her teary eyes and turned around to leave, afraid that he would give in if he stayed any longer. Fengjiu stared at his retreating back as her heart squeezed painfully in her chest. Why is it that I always seem to be looking at his retreating back?

"Donghua I love you!" She shouted before his figure disappeared in front of her. She sobbed when she saw the empty space before her. Her heartbreaking sobs echoed across Taichen Palace, making even the guards that shooed her away all those years back, feel pity for her.

Fengjiu stood there, staring at the gates of Taichen Palace like she did all those years ago.

"If... I said If... If you did not erase your name from the Stone of Three Lives... would you have fallen for me?"

"Yes."

"Dijun... What did you just say?"

"If I hadn't removed my name from the Stone of Three Lives, I would have fallen for you."

She touched her forehead where he touched her after he said those words. She stood at the exact same place she did all those years ago, but nothing had changed. He had removed his name from the rock. They were still not fated and... He still didn't love her.

Author's Note: If you guys haven't seen Eternal Love of Dream (Donghua and Fengjiu's drama), the ring Donghua gave her here is like the one he gave her in the drama, only when it's glowing! I put a picture so you guys can see it hehe~