1 - My friend, I'll say it clear

April, 1975

3, 2, 1

*riiiiing*

Finally the call I was waiting for, a call from my manager.

"Right what is it," I yawn, I've been awake for the whole night not being able to sleep, and that was not pleasant.

"Hmmm, wait I think I lost the schedule...." She laughs quietly

"Always the same, last week, you almost lost my demo tape and the week before tha-"

She cuts me off, "found it, so it says-wait, meet up with Queen? Who's Queen? Queen Elizabeth? Isn't it a little too soon?"

A little scoff escaped my lips while leaving some water in the kettle for it to boil.

I got an obsession with coffee if you don't mind.

"You forgot that too? Yesterday you said we'd meet this band Queen, the one you are obsessed with because you want me to get some good 'contacts'"

"Because you do."

It's not even noon and I'm already going nuts, by the way it's 6 a.m here so you get an idea of how fast I get crazy.

"I already got Mick Jagger, I don't need anyone else," I say unwillingly crossing my arms.

"Well I'm already outside so hurry up," she hung up.

Guess no coffee for today, lucky me.

I storm to my asshole of a closet and swing its doors open.

Right, I got nothing to wear, just jeans and a white tee, amazing.

Glancing around, I quickly get dressed and fly out of the door, run down the stairs until I realize I forgot my keys.

You idiot, always forgetting them and getting locked outside.

Without so much of a thought, I push myself out the door to find my manager's car.

"Get in," she yells from inside.

The leather squeaks under me as I accommodate myself.

"Coffee?" She passes me a cup

You life saver, I'd be nothing without you.

"I thought it would be great if you met a band that was new in the music industry just like you, that way you'd help each other," she said drinking her own cup of coffee.

I took a sip, "You said they are on their way to finishing their fourth album, they are not new."

"Mariana," she rubbed at her temples, "I'm doing this for your own good, this is what you want right? To be successful?"

"Yes?"

She didn't answer, she just stared at me then turned to look outside the window.

Everyone in London is so boring.

Yeah as you can see, I'm not from London... Gotta present myself first.

I'm Mariana Kennedy and no, I'm not related to JFK, just a random girl.

I'm 18, I'm much younger than you expected but it is what it is.

Let me be me, thanks

I'm hispanic, doesn't make sense right? Well my dad was from Brasil and his dad was American so that's where the last name came from, and I don't like to talk about my family, you'll see why.

The car comes to a halt and the chauffeur opens the door leading us out.

H
Why would she get a chauffeur? That just doesn't make sense when in fact, she can drive.