Notes

The epigraph is from the poem "Mak's Riplay" by Ildefonso Santos writing as Dimas Indak, from Sa Tabi ng Dagat at Iba pang Tula (2001) by Ildefonso Santos.

Echolalia: see Jolography Retconned, p. 86.

Sigaw ng Kurimaw Romantiks is for Kris Lanot Lacaba. It is set in the former Broadway Centrum Studio in New Manila, Quezon City, ca. 2004. For the complete notes, see Jolography Retconned, pp. 92-94.

Barok Eclogue is in memoriam, Yoyoy Villame (1932-2007). Barok is the recurring persona of Yoyoy Villame in songs like "Tarzan at Barok" from the album Yoyoy (1977), "Sabi Barok, Lab Ko Dabiana" from the album Yoyoy is Barok (1978), and "Buhay at Pag-ibig ni Barok" from the album The Best of Yoyoy, Part 2 (1982).

Galíng is for R. Zamora Linmark, Katrina Tuvera, Rudy Quimbo, & Isabelita Orlina Reyes.

A most pleasant and excellent conceited poem As Sir John Falstaff, and the merry rap trio Urban Flow is for Mark Anthony Cayanan and is an homage to "The Main of Light" poems in his first collection Narcissus (2011). The song referenced is "Miss Pakipot" by Urban Flow from the album Test the Flow (1996). For those born belatedly or don't know the song, C.T.G. means "crush, type, gusto".

The song in Poem Ending with Misheard Lines from José Mari Chan is "I Remember the Boy" (1985) performed by Joey Albert. The other song quoted here is "Two Less Lonely People in the World" by Howard Greenfield and Ken Hirsch, performed by Air Supply from their album Now and Forever (1982).

Naks, People Power Again is for Isabela Banzon and is in response to her poem "Lost, after People Power" from Paper Cage (which also appears in her poetry sampler Daw). She responsed to this with "Ngek" in Lola Coqueta (2009).

Confucius Say Never Give Sword to Man Who Can't Dance is for Ruth Jordana Luna Pison.