【♡/⚘】 Eli x Fem!Reader || His Queen 🌸 PART 1/2

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ His Queen ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

A/N: Inspired by one of my favorite books "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer^^. Kingdom AU where Eli is a mysterious entertainer (He doesn't have a fiancé in this AU) and you're a well-known Baker. This oneshot is requested by @Kurumi707 I hope you liked this owo. Also!!! I'm super sorry this is very late I've been busy w school work!! This was kinda rushed towards the end but I'll come back n edit it later!!

      Reader's POV

In a tiny, well-known bakery, amidst the lively and blissful townspeople of the kingdom, you were baking some strawberry tarts, chocolate eclairs, and apple strudels for the upcoming ball held at the king's palace. One window was open as the place filled with fresh air, flowing along with melodies played by the street performers, and scents of nearby street food deliciously tingled your nose.

Humming peacefully while taking in the beautiful morning was quite calming, as not to worry yourself about the hidden deep thoughts you governed; you tried distracting yourself with mundane actions but to no avail. Feeling your heart sink at the upsetting prospect of being forced to marry the king had left you with a sour feeling. You couldn't decline the king, even when your mother encouraged you to marry him. The king showed chivalry, warmth, love, and kindness to those around him, giving the impression of a gentleman. His delicate white hair tied with a brown-yellow hair tie complimented his scrawny features and low ponytail, with such enchanting sky-blue eyes captured people's hearts like a camera. The shock had overwhelmed you at how your heart never fluttered at the gentleman. Immune to his beauty, you never truly warmed up to him, which caused distance between the two of you.

When you two first met, you offered him some apple strudels, and ever since then, he had taken a liken to you and your baking. He would take multiple pictures of you and your cooking, then reflecting and looking back at the times you've both spent time together and having seen him blush while looking at the pictures. Your heart ached for him, having felt guilty for not reciprocating back his feelings but having to go along with it, knowing full well that you just wanted to be a Baker. 

Accordingly, due to the king's fondness over you, you're well-known for your pastries throughout the whole kingdom and to one day be their future queen. Of course, you denied countless times to become the Queen of Oletus, having already made up your mind on what you wanted to do. Plus, your feelings towards King Desaulnier was mutual, wanting nothing further than a friendly and sweet relationship. But perhaps the future holds more in store for you, to possibly find someone more suitable and who would open your eyes to love.

Absorbed in your intrusive thoughts, you let out a lengthy sigh as a fluffy striped blue tail appeared in front of you, tickling your nose, which ended up making you sneeze. Trying to refocus on what you previously did, you haven't noticed a certain cat-person floating next to you, purring softly and giving a half-smile grin.

"Purr.. my lady, it seems like something is bothering you, mind telling me?"

An Inscrutable Cheshire Cat said in a low husky whisper, slowly landing on his feet, gradually touching the ground as he descended from his previous position. His palpable dark-hued eyes twinkled at the tons of sweet puffy deserts laid painstakingly in front of him. Having the temptation to plop one in his mouth, uncontrolled of his growing hunger, he proceeded to sniff the pastries, letting the aroma coax him, raising his enormous hand, and snatched one such as that of a predator giving into starvation. You let out a huff of air before responding, having already felt the agitation get to you in waves.