𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

Start from the beginning

"Hawkins Public Pool, this is Jess, how can I help you?" That line tasted sour on her tongue and her head started to pulse with an oncoming headache. It was only a summer job, so one more month to go.

"Jessica, this is Mrs. Wheeler," a feigned sweet voice drifted through the receiver. "I am here to reserve five lounge chairs for me and my girls."

"Okay," Jess write down Mrs. Wheeler's name onto the sheet of lounge chair reservations. "What time?"

"We'll be around in ten minutes."

"Okay," Jess refrained from breaking the pencil she used to write this whore's name and smiled into the phone. "You're all set. Anything else?"

"Yes, do you know if Billy has any swim lessons available?" Jess bit her lip and steam poured out of her ears.

"Karen, you're literally 50. Don't you think you're a bit too old to be taking swimming lessons from an 18 year-old?" Cory refrained from laughing as he watched Jess argue with Mrs. Wheeler.

"I beg your pardon! I demand you to book me for a lesson." Jess rolled her eyes and tried to sound as nice as possible.

"I'm sorry, there are no lessons available."

"Check again."

"I don't need to- "

"Check again!"

Jess held the phone to the clipboard and flipped the pages dramatically without even taking a glance at it. After a moment, she brought the phone back up to her ear.

"Nope. Nothing."

"Fine. I'll be there in ten minutes."

"See you soon!" Jess gave an artificially laugh and then slammed the phone onto its mount.

"I should've probably fired you for that," Cory laughed. Jess crossed her arms and leaned against the counter.

"Yeah, but you won't." Jess patted his back and rounded the counter. "I'm off, thanks!" Grabbing her sack of a backpack, Jess made her way to the women's locker room. There, she changed into a simple blue two-piece swimsuit.

She walked out to find her boyfriend, Billy, walking out of the men's locker room at the same time. He gave her a cheeky smile as he turned and walked away, towards his lifeguard chair. He kept a stoic face as every teenage girl drooled over him, even flat-ass Heather.

He suddenly blew his whistle when he caught a glance at a kid running on the pool deck. Jess was just about to jump into a lane when she froze, knowing that even Billy would be angry with her if she moved.

"Hey, lardass! No running on my watch!" Billy lifted his finger accusingly at the poor child and proceeded to insult him. "I gotta warn you again and you're banned for life. Wanna be banned for life, lardass?"

The kid shook his head vigorously as a sign of "No."

"Didn't think so." Billy blew his whistle again and everyone went back to their pool shenanigans. Jess dove into the water, loving the feeling of cool currents against her skin. When she emerged, she started to freestyle across the lane, pushing off the wall with her feet.

When Jess decided to take a break, she leaned against the pool edge, admiring her boyfriend as he gazed out into the pool scene. His eyes fell into her and she pushed off of the wall, gracefully going into a backstroke.

Billy couldn't help but watch her intently, the water overlapping every curve of her body. He found himself wishing he were the water that surrounded his girlfriend.