Part 1

Omkara chuckles hearing that, "You mean to say that from now on your chain is going to keep me safe?"
Gauri looks at him in shock and he chuckles, "Was just kidding. I don't want you to do anything you don't want to. So, if it is a must that you wear it, then just make sure no one sees it."

Gauri nods her head in reply, "Thank you."

"We might have just met this morning but still you are my wife so no need to be formal with me. Take care." saying that he walks off.

Gauri locks the door and walks to the first bedroom and lies on the bed. This was going to be her room and her house till he tells his family about their marriage. If she had any hopes of a happy life it was all gone, his family already hated her, and they had looked at her as if she was beneath them, in a way she was... she was not as rich as them or for that matter she was not rich. She lies on the bed; she wanted to cry she needed to let it out as her heart was so heavy but before she could give in to her tears she slept off tired.

Hours later, Gauri wakes up and looks around her surrounding, she was feeling hungry. She hadn't had anything since morning. Due to nervousness she hadn't had her breakfast and then her controversial marriage, now she was famished. She looked around the kitchen to find something to eat but found it all empty. Finally, inside a corner of the fridge she found a snickers bar. She checks the expiry date and sighs realizing it was not expired yet. She eats that. She walked around wondering what to do when she hears the doorbell.

Worried she hurries to the door she half hoped it was her husband and half hoped it was not him, but she was more hoping it to be her husband as she didn't think anyone else was going to be happy about her stay here. She opens the door to find a beautiful girl standing there. Without being invited in she walks in as she looked Gauri from top to bottom, Gauri nervously moves back wondering who this could be... could it be his sister, he told her about? The girl kicks the door shut as she continued to stare at Gauri.

Finally, she says in a warning tone, "If you ever hurt my brother, I'll kill you."

"I'll never hurt him." Gauri says frowning and offended, he had saved her from a life of ruin and his sister thinks that she would hurt him?

"Now that is out of the way..." Priyanka says. Then Gauri watches in shock as the girl says with her arms wide open and a huge smile, "Welcome home, Bhabhi!"

Gauri watches in shock as Priyanka hugs her happily. Gauri's eyes started filling with tears finally getting some acceptance from her new family that too such warm acceptance. She had given up hope after meeting his mother but his sister was so different from the rest of his family, she was more like him.

Priyanka moves back smiling at her and seeing the tears in her eyes, "Please bhabhi, I get uncomfortable when people cry. I can't handle that kind of tensed situations."

Gauri chuckles hearing that.

"That's more like it. Come let's sit and talk." Priyanka says as she guides Gauri towards the couches.

"You know about me?" Gauri asks as she sits down with Priyanka.

"Yeah... bhai never hides anything from me. He tells me everything. Well actually he used to... but there is one thing he didn't tell me."

Gauri looks at her curiously and slightly scared, her adolescent life of watching K-soap and all the other soap operas kicking in making her wonder what her husband's deep dark secret was. What could it be? A secret girl friend? Kudali problem? Child swapping in childhood... hmmm most probably that as his family and he didn't look like they shared the same genes... but then his sister was more like him... two children of the same family getting swapped? Wow that is richer than all of the K-soaps put together. She would any day prefer a child swap than a secret girlfriend or kundali problem.