Ranpo Edogawa

female pronouns

(E/N) = ex's name

third POV

it was raining that day and Ranpo was looking out the window from his desk. for a couple of days now he has been seeing this woman around the area, he's been watching her since he first saw her. to be honest he was quite interested in her. everyone was leaving the office one by one "I think I'm gonna take off" Ranpo says standing up from his desk stretching a bit "ok then, be safe. and thanks for your hard work today" Kunikida says as his eyes are glued to his computer. Ranpo grabs his umbrella and opens the agency door now she should be over here Ranpo thinks to himself as he looks for the young woman, Ranpo wanted to bring the woman into his home and take care of her. he has already made preparations for her.

the woman was sitting in the alleyway near the agency trying to keep herself warm while getting soaked in the rain, the girl's name was (Y/N). (Y/N) was starting to get used to the rain when she all of a sudden it stops, she looked up to see an umbrella. confused she looked to where to was coming from, she was shocked to see a man around 26 with the height of 5'6. "what's your name?" the man asks the woman "(Y/N)" she says looking back down at the ground "well (Y/N) come with me" he asks putting his hand out to the woman, she takes his hand and he pulls her up from the ground. he takes the woman to his apartment that he moved into what was big enough for two people, "up here" he says to the woman. the woman was confused on why someone would take someone like her to an apartment, to be honest, it scared her. the man lets go of her hand and unlocks the door with his key, "come in" he says as he opens the door, he lets the woman in first.

"it's ok, I won't hurt you so don't feel uneasy ok?" he says closing the door "my name is Edogawa Ranpo by the way, and I wanted to know if you would like to live with me here." he says to the girl who was now thoroughly confused "I've seen you around my workplace a lot lately and noticed you didn't have a place to go to, to you can live with me." Ranpo says to (Y/N) giving her a reassuring smile "if you would that would be great and much appreciated" she says smiling a genuine smile for the first time in ages "ok so that means you are under my care from now on, so tell me, why were you homeless?" he asks sitting on the couch looking up at (Y/N) "I ran away" she says sitting next to him "why's that?" he asks looking at her as she sits on the couch "I ran away from my ex, he became abusive after getting the wrong idea while I was out with a friend. I had enough so I ran away" (Y/N) explains "that settles it, I promise to protect you from now on" he says making (Y/N) giggle a bit.

~time skip a couple of months~ 

its been a few months since Ranpo took (Y/N) in and he hasn't regretted his choice, in fact he has fallen in love with her since he first saw her. over the course of the few months they've lived together he has been protective of (Y/N), "hey Ranpo" (Y/N) says sitting on the couch as he was cooking their food, Ranpo has started cooking for (Y/N) since he wants her to be happy "what is it?" he asks cutting the meat into small pieces "I was thinking since you took me in and you've done everything for me I was wondering if I could get a job to help you pay for the place and stuff" (Y/N) suggests growing quieter as she continued, Ranpo stopped chopping the meat and his expression fell but since his back was turned to (Y/N) she couldn't see his expression. (Y/N) got worried thinking it was a bad idea to ask since he doesn't let her out of the house, "why would you need to get a job? I earn enough to pay rent and I've been saving up for more furniture and stuff" Ranpo say putting on a smile and facing (Y/N), the knife was pointed to the floor as it was held in his hand. (Y/N) pouted and crossed her arms I'll still get a job she thought as she waited for Ranpo to finish cooking. 

as (Y/N) sat there thinking she didn't notice or hear Ranpo serving up the food, (Y/N) was brought back to reality when Ranpo wrapped his arms around (Y/N)'s neck in a hug. he rested his head on her shoulder "dinners ready~" he says into her ear making her shiver a bit. he reluctantly let go of (Y/N) as she got up, they sat at the table eating in an uncomfortable silence. Ranpo looks at (Y/N) as she tucks her hair behind her ear before she eats and sighs "if it makes you happy you can get a job" Ranpo says reluctantly as he takes a bit of his food. (Y/N)'s eyes shot up in surprise "thank you" she says leaving the table and hugs Ranpo. Ranpo sat there surprised but soon returned the hug, he enjoyed the hug he got dirty thoughts when his head accidentally rested in the middle of her breast. (Y/N) pulled away in surprise "I'm sorry" she mutters as she sits back in her chair with a massive blush on her face "it's fine" Ranpo says reassuringly as they sat in a comfortable silence as they ate.

the next day (Y/N) got a job as a waitress not far from the detective agency. Ranpo agreed on letting (Y/N) get a job but only if it was near the agency so they could walk home together. but sometimes they didn't walk home together and (Y/N) would wait at the apartment waiting for Ranpo to get home, when he would walk through the door he would be welcomed by his lovely (Y/N) welcoming him home from the doorway. 

it went like that for a month when (Y/N) suddenly stopped being happy and chipper like she always was before, this worried Ranpo greatly. so at dinner that night he asked "(Y/N), is there something worrying you?" (Y/N) looked like she was going to burst into tears, Ranpo sat next to (Y/N) rubbing her back trying to soothe her. (Y/N) suddenly brought Ranpo into a hug which surprised him, (Y/N) burst into tears. crying into his chest which surprised him more and mad that someone was treating his (Y/N) so bad to the point where she would cry, "my ex started working at the same cafe as me and started yelling at me, he didn't hit me but he would yell at me for the smallest thing. the manager even moved our shifts so I wouldn't need to work with him" (Y/N) says in between sobs as Ranpo wipes her tears away "I'll deal with him" Ranpo says bringing her closer to him, he breathed in the scent of her hair as he pets it slowly. taking his time to savour the feeling of her body on his.

the next day Ranpo went to the place where (Y/N) worked, he knew where she worked so he could protect her. with what Ranpo knows of (Y/N)'s ex he finds her ex quite easily, "are you (E/N) by any chance?" Ranpo asks the tall male, Ranpo knew that the person who was talking to him was (Y/N)'s ex he was beyond pissed at this man but kept his calm "what's it t you short stuff?" he asks looking down at Ranpo "can you come with me for a second?" Ranpo asks with a serious face, Ranpo's green eyes look directly into the brown eyes of (Y/N)'s ex "whatever" he says going to the back room. (E/N) comes out not long after wearing his casual clothes, it was almost closing time and there wasn't any costumers in the cafe. 

(E/N) followed Ranpo into an alleyway that (E/N) had to take home, Ranpo grabbed the gun he had put into his jacket and shot three bullets in (E/N)'s chest. (E/N) falls to the ground, Ranpo grabs the head of (E/N) and dragged the body more into the alleyway and put (E/N)'s mouth on the step, like he was biting the step. Ranpo then stepped on (E/N)'s head making his jaw split. on how the port mafia killed their victims, he planned on framing the port mafia. he made sure there was little evidence that it was him, it was getting dark and Ranpo ran home to his precious (Y/N). when he opened the door to his apartment he was greeted by his (Y/N) wrapped in a blanket asleep leaning on the wall, it is only 6:00 pm, she must've been tired Ranpo thinks as he hugs his sleeping beauty. Ranpo kissed the top of her head and picked her up, Ranpo walked to (Y/N)'s room and put her on the bed. he laid next her caressing her face while she sleeps "I'll protect you, even if it means killing the people who hurt you." he says playing with her hair "why? its because I love you"  he adds as he kisses (Y/N) before falling asleep.