Everyone suddenly started crowding the bed, happy to see Fengjiu awake while she looked at all the faces before her drowsily. "Grandfather? Father? Why are you all here?" Fengjiu asked as confusion settled in. Why was she in her bedroom? She saw Zheyan standing by the foot of her bed and suddenly remembered what happened. She blacked out after getting hit by Nie Chuyin, but she couldn't remember what happened next. She furrowed her brows in confusion as she tried to understand what was happening.

"Xiao Jiu are you alright? If I find that Nie Chuyin, I will-"

"Xiao Jiu how do you feel?"

"Xiao Jiu-"

"Xiao Jiu-"

Fengjiu's head started aching at all the questions. She raised a hand to clutch her aching temples when a cold voice cut in, silencing all the voices. That voice...

"Donghua!" Fengjiu called, shocked. Wasn't he taking care of business in Taichen Palace?

"Jiu'er, I'm right here."

Fengjiu immediately turned her head to see where his voice was coming from, but a hand was already keeping her in place before she could even move. "Be good. Don't move about, you're already so injured and you still want to move? What did I say before I left you with Zheyan?"

Fengjiu's eyes started tearing up when she remembered he had told her again and again to be careful, but she did not listen. She felt guilty for making him worry. Donghua stared at her coldly, he was angry! Fengjiu was still very injured. If she had let Zheyan take care of it, she wouldn't have been injured again! Although her actions made her a good queen, he was annoyed that she didn't have more regard for her personal safety. Now that he thought of it, she was also injured last time because she protected one of her cities. Abominable!

Donghua had no idea that his thoughts were turning illogical because of his worry for Fengjiu's wellbeing. Bai Qian saw the tears on her niece's eyes and felt furious! What right did Donghua have to get mad at Xiao Jiu? All he ever did was hurt her! She had no idea why her family had allowed this man to go near Fengjiu. He may be powerful, but Qingqiu was also powerful in its own right. "Qian Qian calm down, there must be a reason Dijun is here," Yehua murmured to her ear as he held her from charging at Donghua.

"Listen here Donghua Dijun, You-" Bai Qian's words were cut-off by Fengjiu's soft whimper. Donghua still looked at Fengjiu coldly. He would let her do anything she wanted, but he would never back down when it came to something regarding her wellbeing!

"Jiu'er!" Donghua called again coldly. He treated everyone in the room as air, focused only on Fengjiu. Bai Qian suddenly realized she must be missing something if her family wasn't reacting to how Donghua was treating Fengjiu.

"Donghua... I-I," Fengjiu stuttered through her tears. She was about to explain when Donghua asked again, "What did I say?"

I'm going to make sure Zheyan will follow you, so you have protection, don't drive him away understand?

Fengjiu knew she didn't exactly drive Zheyan away, but she did draw her sword forcing him to retreat. No one can get in between a battle between a monarch and a challenger, not even Zheyan. She clutched her blanket tightly as she looked up at Donghua. "Speak," He commanded coldly. Bai Qian was almost at her breaking point! What was her stupid brother and father doing? Yet before she could speak up, Fengjiu had already moved.

Fengjiu couldn't help but feel her heart ache as she reached out a hand to entwine hers with his. Only now did she realize how scary Donghua can be when he is angry. He didn't move even when he felt her touch. Fengjiu finally managed to murmur through her tears, "Donghua, I was wrong... Don't be angry..."

Donghua was ready to lecture her again but her teary eyes made all his fury evaporate into a sigh. He sat down on the side of her bed and gently pulled her into a tight hug. "This won't happen again. Understood?" Fengjiu nodded quietly against his chest as Donghua smoothed out her hair. Fengjiu's whimpers quieted down when Donghua gently rubbed her back. Fengjiu looked up at him as he lowered his head to press a kiss on her forehead. Fengjiu buried her head on his chest once more and hugged him tightly. She kept her head on his chest while he kept caressing her hair and patting her back.

Donghua's movements were incomparably gentle that it didn't match his earlier tone at all. Bai Qian watched everything play out with an open mouth. She wanted to say something, but found herself speechless. She suddenly realized that her niece had called the former Heavenly Lord by name! Heavens! How did this happen? Dijun is treating her so affectionately as well! What have I missed? Yehua watched Bai Qian's face go through a range of emotions as he silently sighed in his heart. Dijun chose to defy fate in the end? What about Fengjiu's fated calamity? Did he know about that? Looking at his actions now, it seems he doesn't. He would probably have a worse reaction if he does find out.

Donghua hadn't forgotten that it was Bai Qian and Yehua's wedding the next day. He pulled away to look at Fengjiu's teary eyes and gently wiped her tears away. "Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?" Fengjiu immediately shook her head. Donghua nodded before looking at the rest of the Bai family. "You can all go and prepare for the wedding tomorrow. I will take care of Jiu'er. She promised her aunt to stay for the wedding preparations but I'm afraid she's too injured to help-" Bai Qian was about to retort that he could leave Fengjiu to recuperate here in her fox den and that he didn't need to bring her to the heavens but Fengjiu was already tugging at his hand.

"Donghua I want to stay for Gugu's wedding procession... Can't we stay here then follow them to the heavens tomorrow?"

Bai Qian noticed that Fengjiu had said we... That little brat. Was she thinking of keeping Donghua here in Qingqiu? She's still an unmarried- Did she think Donghua would stay here? To her utter disbelief, Donghua was already nodding.

"Alright, but you have to rest," Donghua said sternly. Fengjiu was already nodding enthusiastically as she smiled brightly at Donghua. Her family was surprised. This... Xiao Jiu's smile is back! That radiant and bright smile that could light up a room.

"I will take care of Jiu'er. You can leave us now," Donghua commanded as he took the medicine bowl Zheyan had prepared from the side table. Bai Qian watched in disbelief as her family- those traitors- actually listened to Donghua. Before they had fully closed the door, Bai Qian saw Donghua feeding Fengjiu medicine himself. He was actually taking care of her on his own?

Bai Qian only felt that her head was in a fog. She didn't know what was happening. She turned to look at her brother with an accusing stare, but Bai Yi only shrugged helplessly. "Aw Qian Qian, you missed quite a show!" Bai Zhen laughed as he looked at Bai Qian's confused expression.

"Why are you allowing them to be alone in a room together? What exactly happened while I was gone?" She demanded. Bai Zhen was still shaking in silent laughter as Zheyan just looked at him smiling.

"Qian Qian... Donghua Dijun and Xiao Jiu are married."

Author's Note: Hello Hello~ I know there weren't enough DongFeng moments, but I will make it up to you all <3 I was supposed to update earlier but Wattpad was having some technical difficulties... Anyway, I would just like you all to know that I have almost finsihed writing this fanfic! So... You guys can expect the climax(?) soon hehe Thank you all for 2k reads <3 I can't believe this story grew so fast! Thank you all for your support <3 Your comments always make me smile and motivate me to continue writing. Love you all! Stay safe <3

Please follow me on twitter and ig for updates~ yunxihan_

-Yunxi