||3||

"I advise you start treatment soon," the doctor told me and Shoichi, "the condition of your body is deteriorating quickly, l/n, being so stubborn as to say that you don't want the treatment to live longer is ridiculous."

"What were my survival rates again? Be honest," I said.

"Less than 8%," he told me.

"Thus there is no point," I looked away.

"8% may be low but it still gives you chance to survive," he argued, tapping the end of his pen against his desk as he spoke, "you can get through this. You just have to want to fight."

"Y/n, if you don't do this, you'll make all of us go through that pain again, but it'll be worse because we know you'll...die," Shoichi said.

"But once I'm dead you can all move on with life with no problems," I said.

"Mother will fall into depression," Shoichi said, "there will be no pulling her out. Don't you remember what it was like during the winter when you were taking treatment last time? She only recovered because you do. Her will isn't as strong as it used to be, y/n."

"Then use the obscene amount of money you'll use on me to get her therapy," I turned away from him, "it'll all be a waste if I end up dying anyway."

Both men sighed at my stubbornness.

"You realise that if your health falls below the line that it's supposed to be at and you become too weak to do anything, your parents will automatically have control over everything, right?" the doctor asked.

I nodded soundlessly and sighed.

"Are we done here?" I asked, "I'm tired."

"Yes," the doctor nodded, scribbling something down on paper, "please seriously think about the treatment. In the meantime, while you're considering it, I'll prescribe the medication to you. Its the same stuff you had when you were ten so I'm sure you still remember how to take them all."

I nodded and he passed the paper to Shoichi.

"I hope you decide to take the treatment," the doctor said as me and Shoichi stood up, "it's in your best interest."

We nodded and left the room, silently heading to the waiting room.

"I'll get the medication, you go back to the car," Shoichi passed me his keys, I nodded and turned and walked away.

"Y/n?" a voice piped up as I was about to leave, I turned and stared with wide eyes as my gaze met Hajime's, "why're... you at the hospital?"

"Please don't tell anyone about this, not even Toru," I pleaded, it seemed I didn't need to even explain because the expression on his face told me everything.

"It's back isn't it?" he asked me, "xx illness?"

"Yeah," I looked away, "but I'm not having the treatment this time."

"Why not?!" he grabbed my shoulders and gave me a concerned look, "you'll die!"

"Can you let go?" I asked, looking at his hands, he frowned but pulled them away.

"Why don't you want to take the treatment?" he asked.

"My chances of surviving are depressingly low," I replied, "why're you here anyway?"

"I was picking up my grandfather's meds," he replied before sighing, "if you need anything, you can ask me. I won't tell anyone, but if you need someone just know I will help you, OK?"

"Yeah. Thanks," I turned and walked away, heading to Shoichi's car.

Shoichi's PoV

Iwaizumi is here?

"Hey, Iwaizumi," I called the boy over to me as I waited for the medication, he turned to me and walked over.

"Hello, l/n," he greeted me, "its been a while since I saw you last."

"Yeah, sorry, I have been busy," I apologised before shaking my head, this isn't what I wanted to say, "I need you to do me a favour."

"What's that?" he asked.

"Watch out for y/n in school. Try convince her to take the treatment too. She's too stubborn to accept it without people nudging her," I said, "I can't bare to watch my sister die in front of me."

"I can try but... Y/n is y/n, she's not one to easily be swayed," Iwaizumi said before the name of his grandfather was called out, "I've got to go. It was nice seeing you again, l/n, despite the consequences..."

I nodded and muttered a 'you too'.

Five minutes later, I had y/n's medication and headed to the car where I noticed her sleeping form.

Once in, I let out a sad sigh.

"Why can't you see that we want you to live?" I brushed her hair out of her face and then reached over and grabbed her seat belt, buckling her in and then taking the keys out of her hand, "none of us want you to suffer like this. Not again. Not ever."

I started the ignition and went to buckle myself in when I heard a small sneeze come from y/n. Quickly, I pulled my hoodie off and draped it over her sleeping form before turning to the road and beginning to drive.

Just take the treatment already.

Stop being so stubborn.

8% chance is better than 0%.

Why can't you see that?