"Only she never did" Armaan completed

"Obviously you think I'm very stupid" Janani said tartly, tears forming in her eyes

"No, I think you were scammed. She was a practised, confident trickster and she was your sister and you didn't want to accept the truth" Armaan said in a surprisingly uncritical tone.

"I loved her-I felt an immediate sense of connection with her."

"Scammers have to be attractive to pull people in."

Janani stared into the darkness.

"Why didn't you go to the police about your passport when she refused to give it back?"

"I didn't need my passport because I couldn't afford to travel at the time...and I didn't want to get her into trouble. For a long time she made excuses about why she wasn't returning it and I believed her" she admitted with a rueful roll of her eyes.

"I lashed out at you yesterday. I was angry."

As far as Armaam Verma is concerned, this is the most he could do for an apology ,Janani mused

"You have had complete responsibility for my son since he was only a few days old" Armaan pointed out.

"Yes.Saanvi went back to Delhi to work. She told me that she earned good money working in PR and I had no reason to doubt her. I continued my teaching job and they allowed me to bring Advi in.Saanvi didn't help with the expense and it was a challenge to afford it on my salary and my savings were soon gone. My parents were struggling too"

"You've made sacrifices to look after my son" Armaan acknowledged."And you have looked after him well. You adore each other"

"Yes"

"You love Ava too"

"I couldn't help loving them." Janani sighed.

"But they are not your children

Janani grimaced at that unnecessary reminder. "That didn't come into it for me. And you met my mother didn't you? She didn't give birth to me. That didn't stop her from loving me like her own"

Armaan continued to study her with brooding intensity. "My children may not be yours now but they could be..."

Janani stared back at him in bewilderment. "What on earth are you saying?" she framed uncertainly.

"I'm asking you to marry me to become my children's mother and my wife" Armaan said and winced inwardly as soon as the words got out of his mouth

This isn't how he planned to proceed

He was supposed to woo her and make her fall in love before proposing marriage

The threat of Vikram Thakur looming over his head prompted this proposal, he very well knew

Janani might not have any intention of getting back with the toad. But her parents still hope they will get married some day sooner. And Janani is one of those people who always chooses other's happiness over hers and she might even agree to marry that lying cheating bast**d for her parents happiness

Well!! Not when Armaan Verma is alive

Janani was in shock

Armaan Verma was asking her to marry him.

How is that possible?? She had joined him at the terrace to apologise and expecting him to tell her when she was to go back home. And instead he was proposing marriage. Her lashes fluttered down to screen her eyes

"Ava and Advi's mother??"

"And the mother of any other children that we might have together" Armaan slotted in smoothly, catching her startled upward glance and looking steadily back at her. "I'm talking about a normal marriage and a family. Be assured of that."