Chapter 2

Everyone was devastated when I told them the news. Surprisingly, Stu was the most torn up about it. So torn up that he refused to talk to me.

"Do you think he'll say goodbye?" Sidney murmured, staring up at my ceiling with me.

"Maybe, maybe not." I shrugged.

"I don't understand how you can be so... emotionless about this," said Sidney. I looked towards her, confused. "Like- ...I don't know. He's one of our best friends... what if you guys never speak again?"

I never answered her that night. I wouldn't know the answer to that for a while. He never came to say goodbye.

But now here I am. Back in Woodsboro.

Six years have gone and passed. I'm no longer eleven, I've become a raging angsty teen.

Just kidding.

My mom and I came back to Woodsboro to escape our New York life. Long story short, my dad died three years ago. He got in an accident crossing the street and died in surgery. Life up until then was cheery and bright, but it grew dull afterwards.

My mom took it the hardest. There were traces of my father everywhere, and though she never complained I knew she despised being there. Leaving our old apartment behind was the easiest thing she'd ever done. She needed to come back home.

A small amount of luck came with us after we left. We were able to move back into the house we moved out of. Apparently no one ever came in to fill up the space.

"So, how does it feel?" My mom asked. "How does it feel being home again?"

Nostalgia was the only word I could think of. "Weird... Everything's much smaller than the last time I was here."

My mom laughed, "You were so little when we were last here. You and those group of misfits you hung out with. What were their names? Willy? Shoe?"

"Billy! Stu!" I chuckled, sipping onto some water. "You remember Sidney right?"

"Right, yeah Sidney. How could I forget you scaring the living daylights every day in the living room?" My mom shot a look at me. "That poor girl. I wonder if she still lives here... you should go find her!"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure they're all long gone by now, mom."

"You're all the same age, not everyone leaves a small town like us. We were lucky!" She said. "But seriously... What are you going to do all summer? You might as well venture out and find some old friends."

I smiled at the thought of that, thinking for a moment. But the smile faltered, feeling my hopes lower. Not everyone would want to see me after ditching them.

"We'll see mom. I'll check out the town tomorrow. Thanks for dinner!" I said, darting up to my room before she could say a word.

A part of me wanted to find out how my old friends were doing now.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow.