Under the Stadium Lights (Sana X Male Reader)

An American football AU

Y/N's POV:

Swish!!!

POP!!!

"GOOD THROW!!! MAKE SURE TO DO THAT IN GAME OR IT WILL BE YOUR HEAD!!!" Coach yelled at Daniel, the starting QB.

"ALSO GOOD CATCH, BUT YOU ALMOST DROPPED IT!! REMEMBER TO FOCUS ON GETTING THE BALL NOT THE TOUCHDOWN!!! RUN IT AGAIN BUT WITH Y/N!!!"

I went up to drill cones and got ready to snap the ball from one of the assistant coaches.

We were practicing our medium passes.

I get ready to set the ball

"READYYY!!! SETTT!!!!! HUT!!"

I receive the ball and begin my progressions.

We had our cornerbacks covering them in zone coverage, which means that they don't go face-to-face with them but cover a certain zone on the field.

I noticed their stance from the beginning because they did not immediately follow my receivers when they released from the line of scrimmage.

WR1 was already covered pretty hard due to the lack of separation.

WR2 was also not open.

The running back was sitting at the 1st and 10 line, but I wanted to shoot my shot.

WR3 was the fastest guy on the field and had a lot of separation, so I threw the ball as fast and high as I could.

I see him catch it and I become excited!!

The coach blows a whistle and I walk up to him.

"GOOD DEEP PASS BUT IN REAL GAMES, YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED IT DOWN AND GOT THE EASY YARDS!!" Coach yelled.

"I know.." I said with my head down.

"However son, you did good. Just be aware of the pocket collapse or we will lose a lot of yards. This defense we are going after has a brutal defensive line, so we have to quick."