"Um, Miss Diggory is allowed in as an exception!" I hear professor Snape's voice shout from the opposite side of the door, causing the attendant to step aside and allow me entrance. Hurriedly, I run over to the side of Draco's bed. He is now shirtless and his torso is wrapped in several layers of thick, white bandages. Snape steps aside and allows me to sit in the chair beside his bed. "I assumed you already knew about his involvement with the dark lord" His voice is devoid of emotion, as he watches me take Draco's hand into mine. The writhing ink snake fully visible under the bright lights of the hospital wing. I nod quietly, placing a kiss upon Draco's knuckles. Snape nods and steps back to close the curtains around Draco's bed. "He speaks very highly of you. Don't worry, we'll do our best to make sure he gets well again" And with that the curtains close. I stare at Draco's sleeping form. They probably put him under a sleeping spell to make it easier to heal him. 

..................................................................................

I jolt awake, immediately sitting up and pulling my hair out of my face. I attempt to situate myself and find that I am in the hospital wing, however it's now dark outside and enchanted candles light the room, giving the space a surprisingly cosy feeling. How long was I asleep for? Stretching slowly, I let out a loud yawn and realise a blanket had been placed on my shoulders whilst I was asleep. 

"So, you're finally awake" The sound of Draco's voice fills me with an overwhelming sense of relief. I turn to face the blonde, who is now sat up in the bed in a grey pyjama shirt and plaid bottoms. A smile overtakes my face as I take in his dishevelled appearance.

"You're alive" My voice is hoarse and cracks as I speak, but I continue to beam widely. 

"Yeah, it's gonna take a bit more than Potter to take me out" He smiles back at me, as I lean over the bed and place my lips on his for a chaste kiss. I straighten up to sit back down and the blanket covering me falls back into the chair, exposing my now dry, blood-stained uniform. Draco's eyes furrow in worry.

"They told me you'd rushed to my side and been here since they brought me in. I didn't know you were in the bathroom too" His voice wobbles and cracks slightly. For as long as I've known Draco, probably his biggest flaw has been his staunch dislike of being perceived as weak or being seen to be hurt, especially in front of me. I sit back down and take his hand in mine once more.

"Yeah, Hermione and Charlie came to get me pretty much as soon as it happened" I reply, watching his face for his reaction. His eyes widen as he stares at my face. "I was a mess" I continue. "They tried to drag me away, but you know how stubborn I am" This earns a chuckle from Draco, causing him to gasp in pain.

"I don't think laughing is a good idea right now" He speaks, grimacing as he repositions himself more comfortably on the bed.

"Well, let me know if you need anything. I can go find Blaise to fetch you stuff from your dorm. Ask the house elves to cook you some soup and-"

"Don't worry, I'm in good hands here" His words cut through mine like butter. "All I ask is that you look after yourself. Please go get cleaned up and have a proper meal. You've been here since yesterday afternoon" Draco smiles at me. His thumb runs across the knuckles of my hand as I realise just how long it had been since I'd changed and I need to get out of these bloody clothes. Thankfully, Madam Pomfrey brought me some food last night whilst Draco was still out of it.

"Okay, I'll go do that" I nod, standing from my chair. "But I'll be back soon after, so are you sure you don't want anything?" I ask, leaning over to plant a kiss on his lips and gently brushing his messy blonde hair out of his face.

"Well, now that you mention it. I am getting quite bored here, so the company would be lovely" A boyish grin overtakes his face and his grey eyes sparkle with a joy I haven't seen in a while.

"I'll see you soon. I love you" I wave, slowly stepping away from his bed.

"I love you too. Don't be too long" He winks, also waving while I turn and walk out of the hospital wing. Hurriedly, I make my way to Ravenclaw tower. I climb through the portrait hole just as the sky outside is starting to become lighter. Quietly, I climb up the stairs to my dormitory and find some clean clothes and a towel, stopping to scratch Merlin under the chin as I do so.

"Vicky?" A sleepy voice asks from behind me. I turn to find Charlie sat up in bed, rubbing sleep from her eyes. Her black hair held back in a now severely dishevelled bun.

"Hiya, just popped back to get a shower and some clean clothes" I whisper, lifting up the pile in my hands.

"You've only just got back from the hospital wing?" She asks. Her eyes widen in alarm when I nod. "How's Draco doing? I heard they won't even let his mates visit him" Her blue eyes watch me as I perch myself on top of the trunk at the end of my bed.

"He's awake and seems to be doing better. They've got him bound up pretty well, but I didn't get a proper chance to talk to him about it before he told me to go get myself cleaned up and looked after" I reply, laughing slightly at Draco's insistence of me looking after myself when he's the one that almost died.

"I may not like that ferret that much, but he certainly does care for you" She yawns, stretching languidly.

"Yep, anyway I'm going to get a shower. Today is Saturday, right?" I ask, knowing that I've probably once again got the days of the week mixed up. She nods and I breathe a sigh of relief. I don't think I could handle a day full of classes today. "I don't know if I'll be at breakfast, but I'll see you later" I wave as I open the door to the bathroom, watching Charlie mumble a response while she flops back into her bed and buries herself under her quilt.

Locking the door behind me, I place my pile of clothes on the side and retrieve all of my toiletries from my drawer in the little wicker unit us girls share. I lean into the shower and turn it on, and quickly strip out of my stained uniform. Mindlessly, I toss it in the wash basket and catch my bedraggled appearance in the mirror. My eyes have dark circles underneath them, and I have a various levels of faded hickies spattered over the left side of my neck and collarbone. Three guesses who left them there. My hair is knotted and still half-styled from the previous day, so I carefully remove the now hair-encased bobble and pins before attempting to de-tangle it. I sigh in contentment when my fingers finally run through my locks unperturbed.

I close my eyes as I step into the hot water of the shower, allowing the heat to warm my body. The sound of the running water causes flashbacks of yesterday's events to appear before my eyes in an uncomfortable blur. Blinking rapidly, I reach for my shampoo and set about my usual shower routine.

Once I'm done, I turn off the water and step out into the cold air of the bathroom. I quickly dry myself off with my towel, so as not to catch a chill, and place my now damp hair into a small braided bun. Swiftly, I get dressed into an old pair of jeans and Draco's old Quidditch jumper. A smile forms itself on my lips as I look down at the green wool. This jumper always makes me feel at home. When I've got my socks and shoes on, I stand and quickly and quietly leave the dormitory.

A/N:
Hiya, guys. I'm back on regular updates yay. I have a playlist that I have for writing inspo for this fanfic, would any of you guys want me to share it here? Let me know in the comments. As always thanks for sticking with this story. Until next time, my lovelies.