Chapter 2

I slide my key into the door and feel the bolt move, finally, home at last.  School is my least favorite place to be because everyone is just so idiotic and irritating.  I walk through the door and see who else but him.

"Jesssssie, how you doin' "

Oh lord.  I roll my eyes at his perfection sitting in my living room with Nash and run up the stairs to my room.  I slam the door behind me and slide down the door.

He is so wonderful. No Jess, snap out of it.  He's not a good guy, he ruined you.  Suddenly my throat starts to close and I feel the tears in my eyes coming in like a waterfall.  Sobbing I run to the bathroom and stare myself in the mirror.

Slut.

Skank.

Whore.

Loser.

The day just repeats in my mind over and over again.  I have to get this off my mind.  I open up the draw to see my hidden pencil box.  All of the pictures are weighed down by my enemy and my best friend.  Staring at the tool that gives me all the control, the tears come even more and just as I'm about to relocate my pain I hear a knock at my door, causing me to drop everything, just great.

I shove everything back into the box and back into my draw as someone pounds on my door.  I swing open the door annoyed at whoever is disrupting my daily routine only to see the reason for all of it.

"What the hell do you want Matt?"

"I came to check up on you, you're not a very quiet crier you know."

"I'm fine"  I said even though he would ignore whatever I would say and push himself into my room and move onto my bed.  "Don't you have some girl to go screw over again? Or did wittle Matthew finally grow up?"

"Haha you're so funny.  If you cared to know, I've changed.  I'm done with all of the breaking hearts.  At least on purpose, I mean, I can't help if a few hearts break by me not wanting them because I mean ... look at me."  He shots me that award-winning, cancer curing smile that has fooled me too many times.

"I doubt it.  What, slept with every girl in the school?  No new meat for you to corrupt?"

"There is still one girl that hasn't been with the all mighty Matthew Lee Espinosa."  He says as he inches towards me, pinning me up against my door.  He's staring into my eyes with the look of a predator stalking its prey.  I burst out laughing at the sound of his full name.

"Hahahahahaha.  LEE!  Hahahahahaha."  Still laughing I slip out from under his lean and jump onto my bed, hoping he would leave.  

"Anyway," he started towards my bathroom, "I really wanted to come and make sure you were okay.  I told Nash he should check on you but you know, he could care less."  As he finished he was nearing the draw, with his fingers luring across the handle.  I rush towards him and throw myself in front of the drawer so he won't open it.

"Right, like you really care about me.  You've never given a rat's ass about me.  You're at my house everyday with Nash and you only are ever an ass to me.  I know this nice guy act is just you playing whatever game you want to play well, it won't work on me."  Forgetting why I was in front of the drawer I step away from him, fearing what would happen next.  No one has ever stood up to Matt, especially not me.

My guess is his suspicion with the drawer only heightened by me jumping infront of it because as soon as I moved away from it he stepped towards it.

"Now if you could please leave my room, I have stuff to do."  He didn't move an inch, he just stared at the draw, as if he were trying to see through it.  "NOW."

I pushed him out of my room and slammed the door behind him.  Now where was I.