“Tell you what? I’m pretty sure nothing in my life would be news enough to have reached your ears through someone else but me,” I replied, feeling slightly annoyed that someone was talking about me.

                       “Fine, if you don’t want to tell me because somehow you don’t think it’s important enough then be like that,” replied Bridget who held her head up high and started to walk away from me.

                        I grabbed her by the arm to stop her and said “Okay, look, I’m sorry. I might know what you’re referring to. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you that I was the one who dropped chili fries in your purse. But it was an accident!”

                        “You did what? Did you know how long it took for me to get rid of that disgusting stench?” said a very angry Bridget.

                        “Yes, I know! I was there when you were complaining about it and I'm very sorry! Wait, that wasn’t what you were waiting to hear?” I asked. Now I’m curious. That was the only secret I tried hiding from her.

                       “No! I’m talking about you and Hot Harry, you idiot! Don’t even try to deny it. The whole school is talking about the ‘unexpected couple’ which is you and Harry,” said a still very angry Bridget.

                       “Hahahaha, you’re very funny but honey, that’s not true. The whole school must’ve been so bored they made that shit up,” I replied, feeling relieved that it wasn’t anything big. Just a stupid rumour.

                      “Well, jokes on you, honey, because Harry Brumson himself was the one who said it. He said that you couldn’t resist him and he finally made your dreams come true by accepting your proposal,” Now, Bridget wasn’t very angry but it was my turn to get angry.

                        Normally, I would have marched up to the fella and set his story straight but seeing how I can’t be tardy for class, I had to restrain. Oh, but so help me when I get my hands on him, he’s going to wish he didn’t fake couple up with me.

                        Class couldn’t end any earlier as Mrs Schtick was droning on about our nation’s agriculture history and how our forests used to the habitat to a lot of red foxes. As the bell rang to signal recess time, I had lost all my anger and need to punch Harry’s face off. In fact, I was hungry and craved for vending machine food.

                              Bridget came to my side and said “Hey you, I think you should know that Hot Harry is going to sit with us for recess,”

                               “What? You said no, right? Tell me you said no,”

                               “Of course..... I said yes. I mean, I understand that new lovebirds can’t stand to be away from each other and since you are my best friend, I made an exception for him to sit with us,” Bridget chirpily said.

                              “Well, since you are my best friend, you know that I don’t like him, let alone have the ‘hots’ for him,” I said while glaring at her.

                              “I thought about it but then I remembered something about you and chili fries. But hey, you might like him. This IS the first guy that’s brave enough to ask you out. Rejoice in it, Sheila,” Bridget said cheekily.

                               I sighed as she walked away to get her usual pre-ordered food from the lunch lady. I stomped my way to the vending machine to get my peanut butter bar. While waiting for the vending machine that was taking it’s own sweet time to get my bar, I noticed a cab that was slowly passing my school. The windows weren’t tinted but I still couldn’t see the passenger as the sun was glinting off the window. I couldn’t help but feel strange about the guy in the taxi. I grabbed my bar and hobbled back to my recess table.