𝑻𝒊 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒓ò.

I woke up the next morning, tired with a pounding headache. I don't have any regrets though. Wine drunk hits different. Although being drunk in front of Massimo was kind of embarrassing.

I sat up in the bed and looked down at my body to see the dress that was once on me now replaced with a t-shirt that was a little too big.

The room was big, and decorated with white marble and black decor. I really didn't think it was my room.

My theory was confirmed when I heard snores right next to me. I looked over and saw Massimo, laying there with no shirt on and a bare back. I couldn't see his face. His back was muscular and kind of hot.

I had two options. Option number one, stay in bed with Massimo and awkwardly lay there for a few more minutes until he wakes up. Option number two, get out of bed and risk waking him up.

I, idiotically, chose option number two. I say idiotically because my poor attempt of getting out of bed without waking him up failed.

I had heard him stirring, and he eventually turned over and looked at me.

"What are you doing?" He asked me.

Woah. His morning voice had a thicker accent than his normal voice and was a lot deeper. It was raspy which added a sort of sexiness to it.

"I said what are you doing?" He repeated himself. I got pulled out of my thoughts and looked back at him. He was staring at me, laying on his side, fully awake.

"I heard you." I said.

There were three other doors in his room. Two of them were open, and they were both closets. I assumed the other one was the bathroom.

I got up and started walking towards it, when I heard the most dramatic groan escape Massimo's mouth.

"I should be the one who's groaning right now. You didn't even have one glass of wine last night." I tell him.

"I told you, Soph, do not give me an attitude." He told me. He sent tingles you my spine when he said "Soph".

"Whatever, I'm getting a shower." I said. I heard him getting out of bed, and I could feel his massive footsteps behind me.

"Don't say whatever to me. And you can't." I hear him say. I decided to ignore him and keep walking.

When I went to open the bathroom door, it wouldn't open. I looked up and saw Massimo's hand over my head, keeping the door shut. I turned around, and his face and body was inches away.

"Why can't I?" I ask. He keeps eye contact.

"You have no clothes. We're going shopping today." He says. I raise my eyebrows.

"You're taking me shopping?" I ask, just to confirm. This gesture seemed too nice to be coming from Massimo.

"Yes. I'll give you a pair of shorts to wear underneath the shirt." He tells me.

He removed his hand from the bathroom door and turned to walk to one of his dressers. He pulled out a gray pair of soft shorts that I could never see him wearing.

"Put these on." He tells me, handing them over. I turn to open the bathroom door, but he once again closes it with his hand. I let out a sigh.

"How am I supposed to change if you won't let me in the bathroom?" I ask, turning around again. I notice his face even closer to mine, his intimidating brown eyes staring back at me.

"Change right here." He says. I think for a moment. He can't be serious.

At least it wasn't like I had to change my whole outfit, just throw on a pair of shorts.

"Fine." I said, an annoyed tone running through my voice.

I quickly put the shorts on my body, and realized they were way to big for me. His eyes were watching my every move. I started to untie the drawstring, but Massimo stopped me with his large hands. He began to untie it himself, and ended up having to pull it as much as it went in order to make it fit my waist.

"Sei davvero una piccola cosa." I hear Massimo mumble. I look up at him and lightly hit his shoulder.

"You know I don't know what you're saying." I say. He shrugs.

"It was nothing." He tells me.

Even though the shorts kind of now fit my waist, they were still too big. I began to fold them up, and they didn't look that bad once they were short to my liking.

"No. Cazzo no. Too short." Massimo tells me. He takes the hem and rolls it down one more time.

All I did was roll my eyes and leave the room.

We got a few stares in the mall since Massimo's men were following us, carrying my bags. We went to multiple stores, and whenever a guy even looked at me, Massimo stared him down. It was annoying, but hot at the same time.

"I had a great time going out today. I haven't been out like that in..years." I tell Massimo. We were back home from the mall and sitting on the couch. I made him order us pizza. He didn't want to, but I knew he secretly liked it.

"Me too." He said, simply. He reached over me and picked up the remote to his big flat screen tv.

"What are we watching? Cinema Paradiso?" Massimo asks me. I look at him like he's crazy.

"I have no idea what that is." I say. He smirks slightly.

"Right." He said. I didn't see what he put on, but as soon as the open credits rolled in, I knew from the music that it was a horror movie.

"Massimo, I can't. I get scared way too easily." I said. He furrows his eyebrows and shrugs, slightly plumping his lips.

"It will be fine. Ti proteggerò." He says. I sighed. He knew what he was doing.

There was a jump scare in the first scene, and I practically jumped out of my seat and leaned my head instinctively into Massimo's shoulder. He put is arm around me and leaned is head onto mine.

"You're fine. Ti ho preso." He tells me.

I knew what "ti ho preso" meant. My mother used to say it to me whenever my dad would get into bad fights with competitors when I was little. It means "I've got you".

I thought about it, and chuckled a little bit. Massimo must've felt my laugh in his shoulder, because I felt him look down at me.

"What's funny?" He asked. I removed my head from his shoulder and looked up at him.

"My mom used to tell me what when I was little." I said.

We stared into each other's eyes for a little while. The look in his eyes wasn't the normal, intimidating Massimo. I didn't know what it was, but it was different.

"I'm, um, really tired." I tell him, beginning to get up from the couch. He looked concerned.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nod my head.

"I'm just gonna head up to bed. Night." I said awkwardly. He nodded.

"Goodnight, bellissima." He said to me. I started walking away, but decided to look back at him. He took a sigh, and put his head back on the couch.

"Sto già cominciando a provare sentimenti per lei." I hear Massimo sigh to himself. I didn't know what he said, but I hoped it was good.

I thought about it more as I made my way up to my bedroom.