Sure, maybe Fire Lord Ozai was an absolutely vile and disgusting man. He was a war criminal. He was solely responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Yet he was his father – and his abuser too.
He was the man who had scarred and emotionally tortured for years. Not to mention the multiple assassination attempts on his young life. Not to mention how he had taken everything away from him, even his mother.

Remaining silent she placed a hand on his arms hoping it would bring him comfort. Unsure of what she could possibly say or do to make the situation any better.

This was a lot. Even for him to process and dissect how he felt.

It was not yet dawn when a knock echoed through the room. Tsai turned and allowed the person in. In stepped in Zuko's assistant holding in several parchments of information accompanied by two Fire Nation guards standing several feet behind him.

"The physicians have determined the cause of death," he said keeping his eyes lowered. Zuko did not move from his position. His glazed eyes simply remained frozen on that same spot on the wall.

"What was the cause of death?" Tsai asked turning to look at Nezu from her seat on the mattress.

"Fire Lord Ozai's official cause of death was exsanguination. An artery was pierced by a stab wound. Foul play is suspected," he explained. It was then that Zuko actually moved. He sat up slowly his back remaining turned against the messenger. "How'd it happen?" Was all he asked. His tone dry of any sympathy he might've held for his father.

The assistant cleared his throat pausing for a moment, "Uh..." He hesitated.

"Exsanguination," Tsai repeated what the man had just said.

"I want to know how it happened. I need to know every detail," he spoke in a rougher and angrier tone than intended. His gaze clouded with darkness.

The assistant stammered as he once again unraveled the parchment scroll and continued to read. "- Ozai a male adult of middle age, was found dead in his prison cell in the North Prison Tower on the day of our lord past dusk. The cause of death is considered to be exsanguination from a fetal stab wound to the brachial artery. Signs of struggle were present as the man was stabbed 23 times."

'Twenty-three stab wounds?' Tsai's mouth went dry. All this time she had assumed that the man had committed suicide, not that somebody had gone in and turned him into a slice of cheese! Whomever had done this- it hadn't been a casual hit job. This had been personal.
Whomever had done this had personal beef with Ozai, but then again, who didn't?

"This was found amongst his belongings," Nezu said pulling a wrapped bundle from his pocket. Zuko finally turned to look at his assistant. Tsai paled in disbelief, her face resembling a pillow's bed sheets. Instinctively she reached for her neck and realized the man had taken her sunstone necklace. He placed the necklace and other information on a nearby table.

"We will wait until morning to let Lady Ursa and General Iroh know. For now, we will send notice to the other nations and begin the necessary arrangements for the wake and funeral tomorrow. That is all Fire Lord Zuko." The man bowed respectfully before exiting the room.

Tsai found that she couldn't move. She didn't until she noticed Zuko swiftly move around the room and snatch the necklace off the table in disbelief. She reached his side just in time also reaching for it but failing.

He brought the piece of jewelry that he had many times held in his hands and brought it close to his face for further inspection.
He looked at it in disbelief. There was absolutely no way that his father could've gotten a hold of the necklace by causality. She wouldn't have carelessly dropped it. It also wouldn't have been stolen without her noticing. He noted the torn golden chain and put together that he had to have ripped her off her person.