Chapter 6🖤

(y/n)'s POV

The next day, I walked to class with Kyotani.
He walked closer to me than usual and forced me to let him carry my bag.

Like usual, everyone began to whisper when we walked in. Kyotani glared at them and I avoided eye contact while rushing to my desk.

Kyotani sat down after me and passed me my bag. I thanked him but he just shrugged.

During class, I found myself getting distracted, while thinking about what happened at practice the day before, and glancing towards Kyotani.

Soon enough, the bell rang for lunch and almost immediately (b/f/n) ran through the doors of the classroom.

"(y/n)! Can you send me the picture of Yahaba that I took on your phone please?!"

She sat beside me while I sighed and pulled out my phone,

"Do it yourself, here," I said as I handed her my unlocked phone,

She thanked me and took the phone.

Unlike every other day, Kyotani didn't leave as soon as (b/f/n) arrived. Instead he was sat at his desk, scrolling through his phone.

I saw his empty water bottle on the floor and immediately grabbed the one of the spares I bring to practice. It was a really warm day and our teacher refused to open any windows.

Without saying anything I put it on his desk and gave a small smile. He mumbled something under his breath and grabbed the water bottle.

A few seconds passed, and I heard a loud, overexaggerated gasp that caught the attention of everyone around us.

"(y/n) kissed Kyotani!"

I turned to (b/f/n) who was holding my phone, the picture of me and Kyotani on the screen, two of the boys in my class stood behind her staring at the photo.

I heard my classmates whisper, one girl was louder than everyone else.

"I knew it! They're dating."

I felt heat rush to my face and grabbed the phone from (b/f/n), she mouthed 'sorry' to me and I just buried my face in my hands.

The two boys started to talk again, teasing me. One of them jokingly asked me to kiss him instead.

I tried to ignore him but only made him more annoyed.

He wouldn't shut up and pulled my arm to make me face him. I was on the verge of tears and closed my eyes while trying to move away from him,

"Awwhh why's your boyfriend not helping you," he laughed,

I soon felt him let go, only for another hand to grab me, pull me to my feet and out of the classroom.

I opened my eyes to see that I'd been taken to a spare classroom by none other than Kyotani.

He pulled me to a chair and sat me down, before kneeling before me.

"Are you okay?"

I avoided eye contact and nodded,

"(y/n), speak to me. You clearly aren't okay."

He put his hand on mine and looked me in the eyes. I could see genuine concern on his face.

"I'll be fin-" I didn't get to finish since the tears that I'd been holding back decided to break free.

I hid my face with my hands and cried. After a few seconds, Kyotani held onto my hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked at him, tears streaming down my face and gave a weak smile,

"T-thank you.."

We stayed there for a while and I explained that I didn't really feel safe near the guy in our class anyway, and especially when her grabbed me.

Kyotani held onto my hand tighter,

"If you ever feel unsafe come to me," He told me as he grabbed my other hand,"You're safe with me, no matter what, okay?"

I felt myself cry even more and quickly hugged Kyotani.

He hesitated to hug me back, but still did nonetheless.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter 💛
I won't be updating much since my mental health isn't doing great atm and I  don't think I'll be able to write.
I only updated this since I felt bad after getting dms begging me to update💛
sorry that I rushed this chapter 💛
Any feedback is appreciated
-Himawari~Chan 🌻