Special | Valentine's Day

Start from the beginning

"I honestly don't know how you keep your shape," Myra remarked, watching Marlene dip a cookie in her glass of milk.

"Me neither. It just happens."

Another ten minutes pass and Myra was still eating the same sandwich, Marlene was cleaning off her plate, and Remus had still not arrived. Deflated, Myra finished her breakfast with a small glass of milk.

"Oh cheer up," Marlene said, "I bet he's planning something with the other boys and got caught up. He'll be here soon."

"Okay," She replied, glum. Five minutes inch by when she sees something odd.

A red, heart-shaped balloon rises into the air. The strange thing was, she couldn't see where it came from. It rose and rose, pushing away unlit candles until it hit the enchanted ceiling. It disappeared with a pop. Not even a second later, the walls of the Great Hall turn pink, the hard benches into red and pink loveseats with white lace, the floor into a thick red carpet, and small pieces of folded pink paper rain down from the sky. Myra caught one and unfolded it.

'Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Courtesy of the Marauders'

Myra felt a smile on her face as she tucked it into her pocket.

The students' awe was almost unmatched. They gazed up in wonder and fascination, many hands reaching up and grasping the papers. She saw Marlene comfortably relax against the chairs and sigh.

"I have to say," She stated, "This was one of their best yet."

"Your only saying that because you get a comfy chair." Myra teased, poking her side. Marlene wriggled away from her, complaining.

"If you tickle me, you get my foot in your face." She warned. Myra laughed.

"I'll take my chances."

Myra felt a pair of warm hands cover her eyes and she sighed. There were only three people she knew who were cheesy enough to do that and she didn't think that James and Sirius would cover her eyes on Valentine's Day.

"Really, Remus? How cheesy." She twisted in her chair to see Remus grinning down at her.

"How'd you like the prank?" He asked. Myra shrugged.

"You could've turned the teacher's robes pink and white. I would've killed to see McGonagall in a pink hat." Remus laughed and sat down next to her, putting things on his plate.

"Just because you're such an expert in charms doesn't mean you have to rub it in." He joked. Myra kept her smile up but inside, she was unsure if he was joking or not, whether he was genuinely annoyed at her. He must've seen her face because he stopped eating and held her hand in his.

"That's one of the things I love about you," He said seriously. She felt herself blush and stutter out a 'thank you'.

Myra wondered how only Remus could get her to blush, how only Remus could get her to feel good about herself. She wondered how in the world only Remus could make her feel this way.

∞-∞-∞

The pair of them walked slowly down the hill to Hogsmeade. After breakfast, when Marlene had left, Remus had grabbed Myra's hand and rushed her out of the Hall. Laughing to themselves, they ran through the corridors until they reached the Main Entrance. Then they slowed down to a walk.