Chapter 2

I was in tears. I realized how much I loved Josh, and how much he loved me.
"Yes," I said between tears."Yes, of course I'll marry you!"
I stood up to kiss Joshua. My parents stood in the middle of the yard, in tears.
"I really wish I had gotten enough ingredients for more than two pizzas."
Josh smiled at that.
"We can go back to the store,"he said putting a beautiful ring on my finger. It wasn't the diamond that made it beautiful, it was a small diamond, it was the golden flowers surrounding it.
As we walked into the local supermarket, my best friend, Anna, walked around the corner. She looked at Josh with a curious look on her face.
"What, did you just come from a wedding or something?" She questioned.
I looked at Josh. "Funny you should mention it." I said, showing the ring.
Her face lit up. "When did that happen?!?"
"Literally five minutes ago." Josh replied.
"Hey, Anna, want to come over for pizza tonight?" I asked.
"Sorry, I can't. I already have plans. Maybe another night?"
"Okay, I'll be sure to let you know when we figure out the wedding."
With that, we retrieved the ingredients needed, and drove home. Josh helped me make diner while explaining how he got my father to say yes to marrying me.
"While we where in the hospital, I was talking to your parents about it, they accepted. So, do we find a new place, or do we live at mine?"
Joshua has an apartment about ten minutes from my house, so my parents said that they could check in on me at least once a week.
"I think we should just live in your apartment. Like mom and dad said, it's close to them."
We enjoyed our dinner of pepperoni and sausage pizzas, then figured out the details of me moving in. We decided I would spend the night there tonight, then see if I wanted to live there. I packed my stuff for that night, told my parents I would see them tomorrow, and left.
Once we got to Joshua's apartment, I realized it actually isn't that bad. There is a view of the Rocky Mountains, two bathrooms, one in the main bedroom and one for guests, a guest room, and a pretty good sized kitchen/living room. The walls were a light blue, which made every room brighter. It was perfect.
The next morning, I decided I would move in next month. The next week, I started feeling strange. My stomach hurt, I was vomiting, my back hurt, and I craved almost every sort of food on the planet. I looked up my symptoms. All that showed up was pregnancy. I tried a pregnancy test. It came back positive. I was pregnant.
I called Josh over, and met him in the yard. I sat on my swing while he walked over. He came over, crouched down in front of me and put his hand on my knee.
"Hey, what's wrong, why did need me?"
I took a deep breath and sighed. "I'm pregnant."
There was a long pause before he said anything.
"Wow. I guess we'll have to have the wedding before the baby is born, but we can handle it."
"You... You aren't scared?"
"Ha! I'm terrified! Especially of what your father will do to me!"
"Oh crap! I haven't told them yet!" I started crying."What if they're upset? Will they want anything to do with you or the baby?"
"Honestly, I don't know what they'll do. The only way to find out is by going in and telling them. Together."
I calmed down, then we walked inside. Mom and dad were in the living room, watching Food Network. I took a deep breath.
"Mom? Dad? Can we talk to you?"
"Of course," my mom said."What is it?"
I took another deep breath. I felt a bit weak and tired.
"I'm pregnant."
Another long pause. Then my mom came over and hugged us. When she was done, dad came over and hugged us too. All of a sudden, I felt extremely week. My legs felt like jelly. Then, I fell to the floor, out cold.