"i would have waited for you" i cross my arms as he reaches the step i'm on, slightly out of breath.

he smiles a little "next time" i roll my eyes and we continue walking up the last sets of stair together, "you know, y/l/n, you're hair doesn't look completely awful today" i glare over at him, taking a deep breath, "yeah- i kinda like the half brushed look you have going on-"

"will you leave me alone, malfoy"

"and why would i do that?" he smirks

"look, you can't just not write all summer and then come back pretending we're the closest of friends" i stop on the step, turning to face him, "we weren't even that close before-"

"if we weren't that close, then why do you care about me not writing?" his smirks widens as he raises an eyebrow, tilting his head before continuing on up the stairs without me

after divination draco walks with me to my next class, muggle studies.

"i can't believe you're voluntarily learning about this crap" he scoffs, taking my textbook out of my hands and flipping through the pages as we walk towards my class

"it's interesting!" i grab the book back from him, "sorry you're too stuck up to see that" he chuckles a little and shakes his head.

pretty soon we've reached the door to my classroom, but as i go to walk in, draco stops me.

"will i be seeing you again today?" he smiles a little. it feels odd to see him actually smile rather than a snide smirk

"depends. i have potions next and then herbology and care of magical creatures after lunch"

he nods, "see you in potions, love" he smirks and turns away from me. i roll my eyes at him, but can't seem to stop a smile from creeping onto my lips as i walk into class.

__________________________

potions is widely uneventful. crabbe and goyle are in that class so draco sat with them rather than me. i sat with a girl i know from hufflepuff, despite it being frowned upon. the other slytherins i know in the class i'm not very fond of.

after class i head to herbology, eat lunch, and then endure my final two classes of the day. i have care of magical creatures with draco as well.

we're walking down into the woods, following the rest of the class as everyone tries to guess what Hagrid is going to show us.

"whatever it is, i guarantee it's something stupid" draco snickers and the other slytherin boys join in. i just shake my head disapprovingly.

"right, you lot. less chattering" hagrid turns back to face us students, "form a group over there" he gestures towards a tree and we obey, already beginning to chat again, "and open your books to page 49"

"exactly how do we do that?" draco spits back at him while examining his book. all of our books are bound up by a belt like strap, and have eyes.. along with a mouth bearing mighty sharp teeth. hagrid tells us to stroke the spine, and we all do so. well.. except neville. to my dismay i look over to hear his screams as his book bites at him.

"don't be such a wimp, longbottom" draco shouts at him. i hit him in the shoulder, "oi!" draco yelps. i give him a disapproving glare and he rolls his eyes, leaving neville alone for the time being.