Interlude: If You Take the Draxon Camping

Start from the beginning

"Do you think we can go on them?"

"Of course! We always do at least one hike. Although I can't see Lucifer in the wilderness..."

Nyx grins, "It's hard. It took almost an hour to get him to wear something more casual and not one of his suits."

"It's weird seeing him in something else."

"It really is," Dan says, getting back into the car.

"What now?" Nyx asks.

"Now we drive to our camping site and set up our tents. Then if we have time we can go to the beach before dinner."

"Ooo, beach! Let's go!"

"Head in the car, Nyxeus."

Nyx whines but stops pressing the button to put the window down. He manages to keep himself satisfied with just watching the trees of the forest go by through the glass, mumbling about mean partners and causing Dan to roll his eyes while Trixie giggles.

It doesn't take long to reach their site, one which is fairly large and secluded. Nyx is out of the car as soon as it's parked, eagerly exploring the site and the trees around it. Chloe's car pulls up and parks behind Dan's, the woman and devil stepping out.

"Luci!" Nyx says happily, rushing over once he spots the devil.

"Nyxeus," Lucifer replies, raising a brow at his lover's energy.

The draxon pulls the devil close, placing his lips over his lover's in a slow, passionate kiss. Lucifer's arms wrap around Nyx's neck, Nyx's arms snaking around Lucifer's waist.

"Keep doing that and maybe this trip will be fun," Lucifer says softly when the two break apart.

"I think it'll be fun either way!" Nyx replies brightly. "Luci?"

"Yes love?"

"I have a bird."

Lucifer's brows furrow in confusion, "You... What?"

"I have a bird." Nyx holds up one hand, a live bird clasped gently in his fist. "See? Bird."

"Yes, I see," Lucifer says, raising one hand to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Now, why do you have a bird?"

"Because I caught it?"

"And you caught it because?"

"It was too slow to get away?"

"Nyxeus."

Nyx whines, "It looks good!"

Lucifer swats his lover's chest, "You are not eating the bird. Let go of it."

"But Luci!"

"Let it go. Now."

Nyx pouts but releases the bird, watching it fly away unharmed.

"Is he always like this?" Chloe whispers to Dan.

"Not always," the man replies. "But sometimes, yes. Hey, are you two going to help pitch tents or not?"

"Decidedly not," Lucifer says. "I'll stand over here and watch though."

"Come on, Luci," Nyx says, tugging the devil towards the others. "It'll be fun to try."

"Maybe for you... Fine. Fine, how do we set up this horrible contraption?"

"Done!"

"And it only took an hour," Lucifer says, rolling his eyes as Nyx claps his hands happily.