[Chapter 25.]

*The picture above is a rough sketch of Asura Juro*

THIRD PERSON

[the future]

Upon entering the cozy atmosphere of her house, Y/n sighed as she removed her shoes and turned towards Kuroo who also removed his shoes and looking at her expectantly.

"You can bring Kairi to her room, its at the door to the right." she says as he nodded and headed to the said direction.

Tossing her bag to the couch, the h/c head went straight to the refrigerator to get some beer for both herself and for Kuroo. She always knew the day would come where they will have to talk things through. Where they'll see what exactly happened.

Opening her can of beer, she made herself comfy on the couch as she sipped on her drink and stared at the rays of moonlight that shone through the large windows of her home.

The lights were off and only the bright moonlight served as light. From the small hallway appeared Kuroo who is startled upon seeing the female smile and hand him a can of beer.

Hesitantly taking the beer into his hand, he gave her a questioning look making her roll her eyes.

"I want to talk." she finally said as he then made himself comfortable on the couch, seating sideways, one leg propped up on the couch and his arm propped to let him rest his head on his knuckles. 

"Can I start?" he asked daring to look her in the eyes only to see her nod with soft eyes that surprisingly let their defenses down. 

Taking a deep breath he started, "First of all, I'm really sorry from the very bottom of my heart. I know its not easy to forgive me specially with everything that I've done to you and Kairi. I don't expect much forgiveness either specially from you since I've hurt you a lot. And well, I feel ashamed for asking you for another chance  when in fact, I know you won't give it to me. I guess that is enough punishment for all my sins to you and Kairi, you can add more if you want." he sadly chuckled, "Hhaha, fuck, I sound so pathetic, but I don't care. All I care about now is you and Kairi. I've been a terrible father and husband to you and you deserve so much better than this. I swear I don't deserve you. Which is why, I'm asking for your forgiveness." his voice wavered as he looked down on his drink with tears dripping down his face.

"I've caused you so much pain, Y/n. And I'm really sorry for that, I'd do anything to help ease your pain if you let me." he smiled sadly as he looked into her eyes.

The couple held their gazes for a few seconds before Y/n broke it off and sighed.

"You see Kuroo, its good to hear all of those from you. I admire the changes within yourself. But the pain you've caused us is a lot, the damage has been done and well, it'll take a lot of time before we can truly move on." she paused," I held resentment towards you after we had a divorce. When you were cheating on me, I always felt like I was never enough for you. Like, was everything we had worth it in the end if it'll turn out like this?"

Looking down on his drink in disappointment, he hated how his actions made her feel so insignificant. He hated the shame, but he knew he deserved it.

"After leaving with Kairi to Australia, I focused on my work and slowly, I was able to not care anymore and just focused on Kairi and my job. We were both doing well along with the help of friends. But when we returned to Japan, everything came back to me and unfortunately I wasn't really able to let go of everything. I still held resentment over you, and when we met, it heightened even more." she paused as she took a sip of her drink before sighing in disappointment.

"But I know, that won't take me anywhere still, my actions speak louder and I wish for that to change. And I know it ain't entirely your fault. I have my faults as well, I wasn't a good wife to you, I didn't ask how your day was, I didn't give you much attention, I was too caught up with my job and I am so sorry too. I have neglected my role as a wife to you and well, that caused you to feel forgotten and unloved." she smiled sadly looking into his eyes.