"But I wanted to look-"

"Professional, I know."

Dave stood in the doorway watching his niece sort through his clothes.

"I have a few of Carolyn's old shirts if you want to wear one."

Gianna huffed. She really didn't feel like wearing a shirt that was owned by her ex-aunt.

"No. I'm fine. Your clothes are better anyway."

Gianna finally settled on a maroon button down shirt before turning around to her uncle and holding the shirt up to her chest, asking for approval. Dave nodded and exited the room, leaving Gianna to change. The shirt was pretty big... but it would do. It's not like anyone would notice the fact that she was wearing a men's shirt... right?

"Done!"

Gianna called to her uncle, watching as he stepped back in. The young woman took out the bun she had previously put her hair in, and let it drop down along her shoulders. Her hair was long and slightly curly- her side bangs softly framing her face. The maroon shirt suited her- as big as it was. She loved the color on her. Gianna felt two hands rest on her shoulders, making her jump.

"You look so much like your mother, Gi."

The two Rossis both sighed with lukewarm smiles as they remembered their long departed mother and sister, Bianca Rossi. It took Gianna a moment, but when she looked at herself in the mirror, she really did see her mother staring back at her.

"It's been so long... I can feel her beauty fade in my memory..."

Dave placed a comforting kiss on top of Gi's head.

"She's still in there. She's standing right here in front of me."

He pointed at the mirror.

"You are just like her... yet, you are so much more."

Dave's hands lightly rubbed Gianna's back, letting a sigh escape her lungs. She didn't realize how nervous she was for her first day until now. But she was glad that she had her uncle to guide her as she learned the ropes on the new team. 

"Don't be nervous. You have worked so hard to get here."

Gianna shut her eyes.

"I know- but what if I mess up or do something to screw with the investigation? What if-"

"Gianna."

Gianna exhaled audibly as she threw her head back in frustration. Her right hand began to pick at the skin around her left fingernails- a nervous tick she had developed in high school.

"You're going to do great."

Dave patted her on the back.

"Now let's go before we are late."

 •••

The entrance to the FBI building was large and intimidating- but that was something that Gianna had gotten used to. She had been in the FBI for around 3 years, just working in minuscule positions to work her way up to the BAU. And just a week prior to her first day at the BAU, Strauss called her in and let her know that she was being transferred. When Gianna heard the news, she immediately told her uncle- who was over the moon for her. He had come back to the BAU only a year before, so the two of them were joining within a short amount of time.