fifteen. ravenclaw vs gryffindor

tw: mentions of injuries

MALKA WAS BEING SHOVED LEFT AND RIGHT. She had gone to the Quidditch Pitch early so she could get secure a seat in the very back of the stands. She rather disliked being at the front and craning her neck up high to see the three hoops. Now, she was eye level with them. She was in the Ravenclaw section, but she could see a few Slytherins and Hufflepuffs betwixt them.

"Let the match begin!" Madam Catterell blew a gold whistle, and the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw players, lined up at the middle of the field, shot up to snatch the Quaffle as quick as possible. Immediately.

"Gryffindor in posession!" called a tall Hufflepuff boy from the announcers' stand. "James Potter with a triple-eight curve, dodges Salem Barberett, dives, Donnett at the flank! Will he score? Potter switches stances, swoops under- ooh!"

And with a whomp, a Bludger slammed straight into James Potter's side. He avoided it for the most part and stayed on his broom, but the Quaffle slipped out of his fingers and right into the hands of Salem Barberett. Malka turned to see where the Bludger had come from, and to her astonishment, it had been a direct hit from Cass.

"Sorry, love!" Cass yelled, before flipping her Bat and diving with her broom again.

"Fortescue! Stop being so damn polite!" The Ravenclaw Keeper yelled as Cassana ducked her head meekly before turning back up. Potter looked around, winded, but seemed to regain himself and shoot back up.

"Barberett in posession! That was a hard it on Potter. Sirius Black is getting quite enraged," the Hufflepuff announced, and Malka looked towards Reg's brother, who's pale cheeks were red with seeing how his best friend had gotten hit with a Bludger. Sirius swerved as the Bludger hit him, as he hit it in return with a loud thwack, straight towards Cass.

"Black hits the Bludger to Fortescue, looking for revenge!" The boy, Felix Cabrera, yelled, and because of that, Cass was able to duck from the Bludger in the nick of time.

"It seems Hufflepuffs do come in handy sometimes," came the low voice to her right, and Malka whipped around to meet Reg's eyes.

"What are you doing out of your own house stands?" She inquired. Her Ravenclaw jumper was blowing about due to the heavy winds.

"Look around. Plenty of Slytherins are also supporting Ravenclaw," Reg said, as Salem Barbarett and her twin, Stefan, worked together to outsmart the Gryffindor Keeper and score ten points. Reg was wearing his usual black sweater and overcoat, with his forest green scarf and a Ravenclaw pin.

"Well, alright, then," Malka said, blowing on her palms to keep herself warm in the February air. And to her surprise, Reg removed his woolen scarf from where it was wound about his neck, and, stepping intimately close to her, unfolded it so it would be wider, before draping the ends over each of her shoulders.

"There," he murmured softly, more to himself than to her, and if she hadn't heard it in his mind and felt his satisfaction, then she would have missed his words.

"I- thank you," Malka said, noting how steadfast his mind said his decision was, and that there was no point in arguing. It really was warm, as it was fully made of wool. And as Malka looked to her left, adjusting it to fit around her shoulders, she noticed a few gold threads woven into the deep green.

"Anyways, are you here for Miss Fortescue?" Reg asked as chaos reigned around them.

"Of course. And you?"

"I- needed something to do," Reg said, looking down at his shoes briefly. "Scoping out the future enemy, I suppose,"

"Ah. I heard Cass talking about how you were trying to beat a record this year?" Malka raised an eyebrow slyly.