AFTER IT!

Sam couldnt believe what he had just seen. The ball was resting against that tree root, Sam thought. And then it started rolling! on its own!

Ms. Grinker was hurrying the rest of the class into the school. Beside her was Mr. Nekobi. the old man caught Sams eye. He gave Sam a slight nod. Sam knew what that meant: Mr. Nekobi wanted Sam to go into the woods after the ball.

I'll get the ball, Lucy said. I'm sure theres a reason it started to roll-maybe theres a little hill we can't see!

There's a reason, all right! Antonio exclaimed.

Orison Eerie it the reason! Sam and his friends had learned that a mad scientist named Orson Eerie Build Eerie Elementary more than a hundred years ago. But Orson Eerie found a way to live forever- He became the school. Orson Eerie was Eerie Elementary.

Come on you guys, Antonio said. Forget about the ball. Lucy wanted to get the ball. Antonio didn't. The final choice was Sam's. Time was ticking!

Sam looked back. Mr. Nekobi was talking to Ms. Grinker. He was distracting her for them! Perfect . . .

Okay, guys, Sam said. Were going after that ball.

Together, the friends walked toward the fence. Pine trees over them. They climbed through the twisted fence. Cool air rushed over them. They left the sunlight behind and entered the darkness of the woods.

But what if Orson Eerie made the ball move? Antonio asked.

Were leaving school grounds, Sam said.

Orson Eerie has no power beyond this fence. we have nothing to worry about. but as soon as Sam finished his sentence, a thick fog came from deep within the woods. In moments, it seemed to swallow them.

Sam couldnt see two feet from his face Sam couldn't see his friends! Sam heard Lucys voice, but it sounded like she was miles away. He squinted. All he could see was thick, gray fog. All Sam could hear was swirling wind!

Guy where are you?! Sam cried out Antonio! Lucy! Sam called again and again, But there was no response. his friends were gone!

Sorry it took me long to update but please be sure to coment.