"Because I lo..." Severus stopped and shunned himself. "I care about her all right, and I hate that arrogant Potter is chasing her! He doesn't deserve her!"

"I hate to break it to you Sev, but you don't exactly deserve her either. Lily needs a friend right now okay? Just try and be that for her, minus the calling her a Mudblood." Severus sighed and glared at Bexley.

"It's not that simple."

"It's that or let her go, Severus. The choice is yours." Bexley smiled sympathetically and placed a gentle hand on his arm.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it." Bexley left the classroom and wondered whether Severus would try to make amends, or if he would indeed let he go. Would it save him heartache if he did? Lost in her mind, Bexley slammed into another body and toppled onto the floor.

"Morgan we have got to stop meeting like this." Bexley looked up and saw Sirius towering over her.

"I don't know, you're somewhat attractive from this viewpoint." Bexley grabbed Sirius's outstretched hand and he hoisted her to her feet.

"You've got to stop flirting with me Morgan or I'll have to report it. What are you doing anyway? Not like you to skive off lessons."

"I wasn't!" Bexley announced offended. "I was talking to Severus, I just lost track of time."

"Why were you talking to that grease ball? Did he hurt you?"

"What? Sirius, no. It's Severus, he wouldn't do that to me, or Lily. Maybe to you, y'all hate each other for some reason beyond me."

"Just watch him alright?"

"I will. So what are you doing sneaking around?" Bexley looked at Sirius's hands and saw a large piece of parchment.

"I was making sure everything was ready for tonight."

"And parchment helped you do this?"

"Not just parchment. Thanks for stealing it by the way. You gave me a heart attack."

"I didn't steal it! I borrowed it...It doesn't matter. Are you going to show me what it does?" Sirius retrieved his wand and tapped the parchment.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Ink began to flood the parchment in delicate lines and curves.

"Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present The Marauder's Map. You guys made this? Sirius this is amazing." Bexley looked at the map and the layout of the castle and prodded it with her finger, identifying herself and Sirius on the map.

"I know it is. Look, James is waiting outside the girl's dormitory." Bexley looked and there was a tiny dot labelled James Potter.

"Now I know how you've been causing mischief all this time. But what if someone finds the map? How do you hide it?"

"Glad you asked. Mischief managed." Sirius tapped the parchment again and the ink disappeared as fluidly as it had decorated the parchment.

"Oh, the irony." Bexley linked her arm through Sirius's as they wandered the halls, avoiding teachers and even the head prefect. They spoke about the plans for this evening and once again went over the time they would be meeting. Of course, they were both anxious, what if something went wrong? What if Lily said no? So many what if's. Dinner came around and Lily spent it scolding Bexley for missing a lesson, her only defence was that it was only Herbology, a lesson she found particularly easy.

"It doesn't matter! You're not using my notes for the essay we were set, if it's so easy, it shouldn't be a problem. And don't be late tonight,7 pm okay? I want an early night." Lily suspired.