[ chapter 3 : arrival ]

your focus was diverted elsewhere as you heard the familiar chime of your phone, indicating there was a new notification for you to see. you placed a bookmark on the page you were currently reading and closed the book. putting away the book, you took a hold of your phone instead.

it was instablam telling you that your past co-star, tenma sumeragi has liked a post from masumi usui.

you rubbed your eyes. the jetlag you were feeling right now was exactly the reason you didn't notice it was almost noon. you yawned, your body was tired yet your mind seems to say otherwise.

deciding you had nothing else better to do, you opened the notification which led you to masumi's post.

you raised an eyebrow at this. wasn't mankai company the name of the theater company he was in before?

you felt somewhat bad. you proclaimed yourself as masumi's friend yet you didn't actually got the chance to know who his troupe mates were.

you wish all of these would go away yet something was bugging you. you felt that you needed to do something, to exert effort to get to know masumi.

with that thought in mind, you shot masumi a quick message. you didn't think he'd reply but he actually did.

'he must be that bored or he's giving me some time of his day. probably the former heh.'

while conversing with masumi over texts, you clicked on the mentioned account, her name was izumi tachibana, presumably the director of the company.

you observed her to be really pretty. she has pink eyes with pupils almost the shape of a heart. she had flowing brown hair and wears a vibrant smile. on her other posts were who you assumed is sakyo furuichi. a blond glasses wearing man with two noticable moles under his eye.

they were exactly how masumi described them. well, except his statement saying that sakyo looked like an evil king that stole masumi's queen.

humming to yourself, you shot mrs. furuichi a direct message.

___

masumi sat on the second floor's balcony of the dorm. it's not that there was nothing to do, in fact there were too many things to do. he just didn't feel like doing much, or helping with the preparations at all.

today marks mankai company's newborn generation 7th year. a lot has happened ever since then.

masumi went straight from work after signing a few document, meaning he was seating uncomfortable in his suit and tie. working for 3 years straight, he would've assumed he's used to it by now.

masumi looked around the dorm, some were helping with decorations and preparing food while the others were still on their way.

the company didn't really 'disband', it was something that felt like a graduation. it happened after everyone felt like they have achieved everything they ever wanted. there were no hard feeling at all.