"Oh no," Bianca gasped. Roslin widened her eyes, terrified. She tried to look through the open view to see horses running to the opposite side and bodies laying on the floor. Lorenzo appeared. "Go. Go back!" Roslin felt terrified and shocked at this moment, gasping for air.

It was an assassination attempt on Piero de' Medici.  Who can it be? Lorenzo. She cannot lose him. "Oh, my boys. Giulio and Lorenzo." Lucrezia rambled on. She didn't care to hear the rest, she was having her own panic moment. Lorenzo is her first love, she couldn't bear to lose him. She loved him, he loved her. It will be the end of her.

○ ○ ○

They had arrived back in Florence. Slowly, Piero de' Medici, tried to get out of the carriage. After the assassination attempt, Piero rode with them, the rest of the trip. She found the carriage to be rather silent due to Piero rumbling how brave and strong he was defending himself.

"Giuliano, tell them how I struck that man with my stick!" Giuliano appeared holding Piero hand slowly helping him to step on the ground. "Father you looked like a Greek god,...from one of Poliziano's stories." He spoke up. "There, you see? A gout-ridden Greek god. I'm perfectly alright." Piero de' Medici argued.

"He's not alright. Sabrini, fetch a surgeon." Lucrezia argued. Roslin tried to peek from behind watching how the servants took Piero de' Medici to another room. Giovanni had appeared, the youngest son of Lucrezia and Piero. ''Come here my son, help me,'' Lucrezia asked. Roslin watched as he hurried along going after her. "Let's get you to bed- Come, Messer Medici. Let me help." Bianca followed them behind while she was left there.

"There is my favorite red-headed." Her direction landed Giuliano. He held out his hand for her. She outstretched her small hands he held it pulling her closer to him. "Easy, love. I thought you said you didn't like me." Roslin quickly leaned back letting go, rolling her eyes playfully. "I don't, Giuliano. I tolerate you, golden boy." She taunted him, smirking. He let out a scoffed impressed by her comebacks.

"Am I interrupting something?" Lorenzo appeared getting closer to her. Roslin smiled upon seeing him. "Nothing. Actually, Giuliano is being a pain," she smirked. Lorenzo laughed, raising his eyebrows amused. Roslin smiled till she noticed he winced in pain. "Oh god. Are you okay?" She leaned to touch his forehead.

"You're hurt," she whispered. He leaned back. "I'm okay, Roslin. Are you hurt?" He replied. She shook her head still concerned. "Oh, please, Lorenzo." They were interrupted by two knights appearing. "You don't look dead to me - Hungover, more like it. Look, Roslin by his side curing him of his hungover."

Roslin peered a smirk. "I still have my freedom unlike you. Now, we wouldn't want to lose Lorenzo, don't we? I'm sure you wouldn't find your pleasure somewhere else with those dirty jokes." Lorenzo's eyes widened gulping, Roslin knew of his naughty behavior.

"I can explain," Lorenzo argued. Roslin rolled her eyes. "Oh please, Lorenzo. You act like you aren't the only one." She watched as all the men laid their eyes on her, shocked but with admiration. "They said you killed a man." One of the knights interrupted.

"Yes, and he was stupidly brave doing it, too. He ran straight through a hail of arrows." Sandro came forward informing them. Wait? Something was missing. She leaned in Lorenzo's ear whispering something. Suddenly Lorenzo's eyes widened, turning to look at them.

"Have the Priori been informed?"

"Jacopo Pazzi called an emergency meeting at his palazzo." One of them informs them. "Why his palazzo?" Giuliano asked. Roslin couldn't understand either, then it hit her. She wouldn't be surprised if Jacopo Pazzi was behind the attack. They have every motive to do behind it. What could be the motive that they possibly can have? Then she figured it out. Power. They lurk for power. They always do. "To seize power behind closed doors."