(Narancia&Mista) Dream On Part 3

Narancia has three reasons for landing on the Moby Dick. One: the Strawhats are only just beginning their way into the New World and quite frankly, Narancia has no fucking clue where they are. Two: Fire Fist Ace is Luffy's brother, therefore he probably has a way to find or contact Luffy, so. Three: Goldie is allied with the Whitebeards and Fugo is allied with Goldie, and Fugo, at least from his bounty posters, looks a hell of a lot like the vague images he has of that one angry as fuck voice in the back of his head. So.

So that's how Narancia ends up on the Moby Dick's railing tapping his talons to Bink's Sake. Marco the Phoenix stares at him doubtfully, brows drawn together and lips pressed thin. Narancia keeps croaking out the lyrics. It is a classic after all.

"Oh hey—Marco!" A new pirate joins, approach from behind and grinning wide, "Ace's been—hey, wait." The pirate stares at Narancia. He hoots the lyrics back. "Wha—"

"Shut up Thatch," Marco says.

The guy—Thatch, apparently, holds his hands up in mock-offense. "Marco there's a parrot—"

"There's no way that's a parrot," Marco says, narrowing his eyes at Narancia. He would snicker, really, except that would mess up the rhythm. Yonkou crews are so fun to mess with, honestly. "There's no way that isn't a zoan user."

Narancia waits just a beat before he sings out, "We are pirates sailing through the Sea!" Except he's a parrot, so it's hilariously high pitched and off tune and croaky and he makes his voice break halfway through sea, and only just barely manages not to laugh at Marco's wince.

"Oh come on," Thatch says, and jabs an elbow at Marco's chest. "You're being paranoid."

"That Parrot is the size of a dog," Marco says, like this is something deeply offending. Which, excuse him, Narancia is a perfectly well sized parrot. "It's singing. It's getting less lyrics wrong than our entire crew combined."

"Oh come on," Thatch rolls his eyes and makes a kind of miscellaneous gesture. "There are weirder things than big singing parrots. It's the New World. And—oh! ACE," Thatch yells, and from across the deck Fire First Ace lights up. Literally.

"Thatch!" Ace comes over in a swirl of flames, looking absolutely delighted, "You found Marco!"

"Uhhuh," Thatch gestures Ace over, "but look at this."

Ace's eyes widen. "It's—"

"Marco thinks it's an undercover zoan user," Thatch says, and Ace snorts. "Exactly. Birds sing, that's like. Literally what they do."Thatch nods to himself like he knows what he's talking about, which, well. All the more fun for Narancia.

"Birds don't sing like that," Marco hisses.

"Yohoho," Narancia cackles. He should've come here sooner.

Thatch looks at Narancia again. Tilts his head. "Eh. Good point. Hey—wait, do you think it knows other songs? Like...uhh. Something common. Hmm. My Sweet Sea?"

Narancia changes tune abruptly. Taps his talons once, twice, thrice, counts beats and—"Past the beach where the sea glass lies, won't you ever stop your siren cries!"

Thatch lights up like Narancia's just hung the stars. "It can! Ace, Ace! Request a song! From your home blue!"

Ace looks at Narancia doubtfully. "Uh," he says, pauses. "I'm um. Not sure if it'd know any of...my childhood music." And oh. That just won't fly. He's been studying like, a lot of music. There's no way. Narancia puffs up his feathers and lifts his head and glares Ace right in the eye. Ace winces. "Jeez. Fine. Bandit's Mountain."