[Sou] Mathematics

Start from the beginning

"Then, can we walk home together from now on?" He asked with a smile.

"Of course!" You took the key from your bag before turning to him. "You can come at my place later, Sou." You said before heading to your own room.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Ah, how do you solve this again...?" You furiously tapped your pen on your study table as you scratched your head in frustration. "Trigonometry is seriously not my thing..."

While you were busy at your work, a knock on the door was heard. You clicked your tongue in annoyance before standing up to open it.

But before turning the knob, you asked, "Who is it?"

"It's Sou!" A very faint but familiar voice answered.

You opened the door.

"Sou! What brings you here?" You asked as you let him in.

"Just wondering if you need some help in reviewing your notes." His eyes landed on the books scattered on the coffee table. He picked it up and turned to you. "Trigonometry?"

Slowly, you nodded your head. "I forgot the formula for this." You pointed on a certain item on the book.

After reading the item, he let out a small "Oh!" before smiling at you. "I'll help you! I'll just get my notebook in my apartment. Wait for me." He then headed to his own apartment.

Not too long, he came back, holding his notebook, a pen, a calculator, and his own book.

He then sat beside you on the couch. "So this is how it's done..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sou helped you everyday in reviewing your notes. Every break time, after lunch, and even every evening after changing his clothes and eating dinner. He assured you that you will pass the finals.

There were also times where ge would brag about his grades in his previous school.

After a few weeks of him helping you, the day for the finals finally arrived.

Receiving the test paper, you silently prayed. You then glanced at Sou and, surprisingly, he was also looking at you. Your eyes met his.

He flashed you a very bright smile and raised his thumb up at you, as if he's assuring you that everything's going to be fine.

You answered back with a smile. Determination can be seen in your eyes. You then faced the paper and grabbed your pencil. You started answering it while still hoping that you can pass mathematics this time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After the test, you and Sou headed to the rooftop to eat together.

"So? How was it?" He asked as he took a bite from his sandwich.

"It's... fine, I guess. I managed to answer all of the items in the exam."

"That's good!"

This time, you were the one to ask him. "How about you?"

"The exam was easy..." He silently answered.

You sighed. "Don't you dare brag about your solving skills this time, Sou."

He just laughed at your reaction as a response.