one

27th November, 2014

11:47 PM

24 DAYS PRIOR

"Shit!" Michael curses a little too loudly. His grip on the PS4 controller tightens, fingers wrapping around it as his thumbs jump swiftly from button to button. Michael Clifford had been stuck on this level too long for his liking. His body jerks from side to side as well, as if that would help his virtual movements. Michael hears footsteps behind him. Someone is awake and walking down the stairs. He doesn't bother turning around in fear of getting distracted from his goal.

"Michael," someone calls behind him. Michael identifies the voice as Luke's. His eyebrows furrow in confusion but eyes stay glued to the screen in front of him. Luke doesn't usually stay up this late. He is big on sleeping, sometimes you could even hear his snores although you were a room away. Either the walls were thin, or his exhaustion thicker.

"Michael," Luke says a little louder this time.

"Mmm?"

"I can't sleep," Luke complains. He sounds whiny and defeated. Michael sighs, "Well, how is that my probl- YES, FUCK YES!"

Michael gets up from his seat and Luke flinches at his sudden outburst. The words 'YOU WON!' were displayed on the screen. Michael throws his controller onto the floor and starts doing what he calls his 'victory dance'. It mostly just consists of him moving his hands around in a random manner, then he'd swish swoosh his legs a little and look at you with jazz hands. When he was done, he'd have the biggest grin on his face, as if he was just featured on Dancing With The Stars.

Michael's victory is cut short when he hears footsteps again, but this time, they were more vigorous. Ashton walks down the stairs with his long mop of curls in a mess and a scowl on his face. He glares at Michael and Luke. God, if looks could kill, the pair would've been vaporized.

Michael and Luke don't dare say anything with the annoyance clear on Ashton's face. His jaw had tightened and he was probably gritting his teeth - two actions that Ash did when he wasn't pleased.

Michael opened his mouth to say something but was cut off once again.

"Either you shut that thing down or get the fuck out."

Luke's eyes widened at the words that were thrown at their direction. He looked over at Michael, who was frozen, before looking back at Ash. Luke nodded, knowing Mikey would be too stubborn to immediately oblige. It would hurt his ego, apparently.

Ashton looked at Michael one last time before turning around and going back up the stairs to continue his slumber. The air around them is tense before Michael turns to look at Luke. "Well, wanna get some Maccas?"

Luke looks at him dumbfounded. "Mikey, it's almost midnight," he explains.

"I know," Michael says, cleaning up the mess he made on their couch. "Don't worry, they're open 24 hours," the boy smirks.

Luke smiles as Michael grabs the keys.

. . .

wuaw i have not written in FOREVER,,

this has been in my drafts since like 2014 i hope nothing similar has been posted while i was off wattpad bc i hAte iT WHEN THAT HAPPENS