Twist The Clichés Contest [CLOSED]

Hello, cupids!

Hello, cupids!

NARomance, YARomance and WattCliches have joined together to present you a brand new contest Twist The Clichés with the advantage to select your preferred cliché!

💡PROMPT:

It's time to upgrade the old trope!

Take a worn-out cliché, roll it up into a ball and shake it out in a new format.

Yes, you got that right! There's no specific prompt for this contest. We would like you all to choose a cliché and give a new meaning to it by twisting it in an unexpected and creative manner. It has to be something that's recognizable and familiar to everyone.

So, let your imagination run wild as you come up with a fresh story that defeats cliché in the sweetest way possible by turning it into a non-cliché.

📜RULES:

★Entries must be between 500-1000 words.

★Entries should be in English. However, feel free to use our prompt anytime to write a story.

★Only one entry per participant.

★Tag your entry with #twistthecliches.

★Entries should be original and new, written specifically for this contest.

★The work must be your own. If you co-write it with someone else, only one of you needs to submit it.

★Entries that aren't sent via our form won't be accepted. You can find it linked in our ContactInBio in our bio or in the external link below.

★Both original fiction and fan-fiction are admissible. Poetry is welcome too, upto 500 words.

★Please be sure to double-check your grammar, spelling and punctuation before you submit.

★No mature content, please. Your story must be rated everyone and must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines. https://policies.wattpad.com/content/

★The contest will run from August 17th,2020 to August 31st, 2020.

☑️HOW TO SUBMIT?

Publish the story on your profile, tag it with #twistthecliches, then come back to submit your entry via the contest submission form provided in our profile bio.

If you wish to get exposure and share your story with your fellow participants which is optional, you're welcome to do so with an inline comment on this paragraph, providing the title of the story and the link where we can find it.

🏆PRIZES:

★There will be limited-edition 'Twist The Clichés' stickers for the winners, and another for the participants to add to their cover.

★Get featured in a special reading list which will be launched on the profiles after winner(s) have been announced!

★Collective shout-out to the winner(s) on our profiles.

Remember to tag your friends who might be interested to participate in the contest. With that said, GOOD LUCK! We are looking forward to reading your wonderful entries.

⚠️DISCLAIMER:

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Wattpaders and are in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of the said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering.