Camp Taccoa - Eugene Roe

*Warnings* Language

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You arrived at Camp Taccoa about a month after the rest of Easy Company so you were a little nervous about how they would react to all of a sudden having a woman assigned to their Company. You were assigned to Easy as a medic and were to report to Captain Sobel before heading to the barracks to meet the men. There was some trouble finding him and when you would ask someone if they could point you to him, they just stared at you with a bewildered look and kept walking. Although you didn't have to worry long because a kind looking man with dark brown, almost black hair and blue eyes came up to you and introduced himself.
While extending his hand to greet you he said

"Hey, I'm Eugene, I'm one of Easy Company's medics. You must be y/n y/l/n, the new medic?".

You noticed that he had a thick Cajun accent and he spoke very softly and very quietly to where you almost couldn't hear him.
You graciously shook his hand as you replied,

"It's nice to meet you Eugene, yes that's me but I was hoping you could help me to find Captain Sobel. I was told to see him before meeting the rest of the Company but I don't know where to find him."

"Here come with me, I know where he is."

~time skip to after meeting Sobel~

After leaving your meeting with Sobel you met up with Eugene outside and he started to walk you to barracks. You turned to him and asked,

"Geez he's a little rude isn't he. Is he always like that?"

Eugene was looking at the ground when you spoke but looked up at you when you finished your sentence. He gave you a little smile (a/n his smile kills me everytime) and looked at you for a moment. You hadn't really realized just how attractive he was until now. His soft gaze, and soft smile seemed to just melt your heart. 'Come on y/n, you can't do this. You just met the guy and now you're falling for him. But he's seems so sweet... And he did help me when no one else would so why can't-' Your contrary thoughts were interrupted when you heard Eugene answer,

"Yeah I guess he is. All the men in the Company hate him. But Easy is the best Company in the whole 506th because of him. But be prepared, he makes us all run up that mountain over there, called Currahee. Just wait you'll see how bad he can be."

You hesitated for a minute before saying what you were going to say next. 'What if he thinks less of me if I say it? What if he doesn't see me like that? Oh what the hell! Just say it!'

"Well it can't be too bad if I have you to run it with right."

He looked up at you with those eyes and chuckled softly, showing you that soft smile of his again but stayed quiet for a minute. 'Oh there you go y/n, you blew it! The only friend you had here so far and the only friend to help you get to know everyone else and you blew it! Why would you-'

"I was thinking something like that too. Maybe it won't be as bad anymore because I've got you."

You were surprised to say the least. But you held in your full happiness and just turned your head and smiled at him. You two finally reached Easy Company's barracks but you hesitated to enter. 'What if they don't like me?' you thought to yourself. And as if he read your mind Eugene placed his hand on your shoulder and told you,

"They'll love you, don't worry. It may take some time for some of them but they'll come around."

You sighed, did a firm nod of your head. You trusted him and trusted in what he said so with your sudden burst of confidence you went inside.

As soon as you stepped inside, all conversation stopped and all eyes were on you. You weren't gonna lie to yourself, you were a little intimidated, but you didn't let it show. To the men you looked like you wouldn't take shit from anyone. That's just the way you've always been, you are sweet, kind and can look the part but you can also hold yourself in a way that intimidates some of the toughest people out there.

You felt Eugene give you a gentle nudge as to urge you to introduce yourself so that's what you did.

"I'm y/n y/l/n, I'm Easy's other medic. Eugene tells me that this is the best Company in the 506th."

"Well he's got that right!" The man who said it got up and came to you with his hand out. "I'm George Luz."

"Nice to meet you Geor-" you began to say but we're interrupted by one of the other men.

"Why would they give us a woman. She'll get us killed, she'll probably drag us down and-" One man, he looked a little bit older than the others cut the man off. "That's enough Cobb, leave her alone."

He walked up to you and shook your hand, "It's nice to meet you y/n, I'm Sergeant Carwood Lipton. Don't mind Cobb over there I'm sure he'll come around."

The men started one by one introducing themselves, some of them weren't as welcoming as others but that was ok. You were going to prove that you were tough enough to be a Paratrooper to each and every man if it was the last thing you did. After some time the men returned to their original conversations and you and Eugene had your own.

"See now that wasn't too bad, they love you."

"Yeah well not all of them. But no it wasn't too bad. I'm glad I had you to help me though. I would've made a fool out of myself trying to find Sobel and then coming in here by myself so thank you."

You couldn't help the feeling that kept growing inside of you since you met him. You felt safe around him, like nothing could hurt you. You looked up from your hands and you knew he was saying something but you didn't care.

"Y/n? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking." You replied, hoping that he would ask about what it was that was playing in your mind.

"About what?" He asked you with full interest.

"You."

That's all you needed to say. His eyes flicked up to yours and then down to your lips. He pushed a strand of hair that had fallen into your face behind your ear but he didn't pull his hand back. Instead he placed it on your cheek and started to lean in. As you leaned in it felt like a supernatural force pulling you closer to him. Your lips were millimeters apart when he stopped. You thought you had done something wrong until he broke the silence between you,

"May I?"

You nodded so slightly and he brought your lips together until they met. You both melted into the kiss and your hands found their way to his neck while his was still on you cheek. At first you were worried the other men would see you guys but they were to caught up their own conversations to notice. Plus you didn't care, all you cared about in this moment was this man in front of you, kissing you and letting you know you weren't alone in this war.

After a moment you both pulled away for air and your fingers found their way to your lips. You both quietly chuckled a little bit before looking up into each other's eyes once more. This time it was you who leaned in first and just as your lips were about to connect again...

"Everyone! PT gear on now! We're running Currahee!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ok so here we are. My first story. Sorry if it's not that good :/ but I tried my best. If you want to request something please message me with the idea and the man or just the man if you don't have anything specific and I'll come up with something. I hope you liked it and have great day :)