Tsukishima's eyes slightly widened when the female turned to him, quirking a brown in his direction. His mind didn't even have the chance to think of anything to do before her attention was stolen by the male sat beside her.

He couldn't hear what they were talking about, but something about her expression was off putting. Nowadays, he couldn't tell what was real or fake anymore. It was troublesome.

A bright smile spread across her lips as a small laugh escaped her mouth. She reached over, gently hitting the boy's arm as they laughed together.

What's up with her?

Boy, the question is what's up with you?

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

Throughout the day, Tsukishima's nerves have been through the roof as he watched Miki socialize with a bunch of male students in just one day of school. She was like a magnet, drawing in males from other classes.

The female never failed to greet them with a smile, helping with them with whatever they needed.

Was the Tsukishima Kei getting jealous?

"No."

Everyone in his class turned around, glancing at Tsukishima who had audibly voiced his disagreement with his internal question. The blond's expression turned flat as he rose a brow at everyone who looked his way. They quickly turned away from him, avoiding his cold eyes.

It's the last class of the day. I just wanna go home already.

Miki giggled, shooting him a snooty little smile that only Tsukishima understood.

He rolled his eyes, turning away from the female who was surely going to make fun of him later when she had the chance.

Ugh, whatever. He chose to leave the thinking and analyzing for later. Right now, he should only think about class and getting out of here when the bell rings.

"Your projects are due in exactly three weeks. Be sure to get them done quickly and practice your English." The teacher reminded, pointing at the students who looked away guiltily. "I hope you started on your projects already."

That reminds me. Tsukishima and Miki had never really gotten far with the questions. They had at least six questions left to answer.

After class came to an end, Tsukishima and Miki walked down the hall as they both made their way to the gym.

"We can finish the questions another day. I have no club today, so I'm going home early." Miki explained as she rummaged through her bag, trying to find her umbrella to shield herself from the rain. "I left my umbrella at home."

Hinata ran past her, shoving an umbrella into her hand. "Bye, Miki! You can give it back tomorrow!"

Miki held the umbrella, slightly stunned by his sudden appearance. "Ah, thanks, Shōyō." Turning to Tsukishima, she pursed her lips with wide eyes, "Where'd he come from?"

The blond shrugged.

"Also, I heard from a teacher that Sugihara-san moved schools. He completely just dropped everything and left." Miki's expression morphed into a mischievous look. "Serves him fucking right."

When the boy didn't respond to her words, she glanced over at him with raised eyebrows. "Tsukishima?"

The boy simply glanced over at her, unaware of his furrowed brows and sharp eyes.

"Uh, are you mad?"

Are you jealous?

"No." He turned on his heels, walking off in the direction of the gym.

Miki tilted her head to the side, "What was that?"

[ a/n : ik things are all wack in this chapter and things are going in a weird direction but this'll really go along with the next chapter! i start school tomorrow so i probably won't update tomorrow (or maybe i might late at night) so wait for me!! i love you guys ('' ) ]