chapter 2

eddie stumbled down the stairs and his mother was waiting there with his lunch, holding it out to him. 'thanks mom!' he said, taking it from her and kissing her on the cheek and making his way out of the door.

'have a good day eddie-bear! stay safe!' she called as eddie walked down the drive way to pick up his bike. he mounted it and started riding down the street. his school was only about a 10 minute ride away but he had to meet with his best friend bill denbrough on the way, which always added at least 5 minutes onto the journey.

'h-hey eddie!' bill called as he skipped down the stairs. to say goodbye to his mom. bill and eddie both mounted their bikes and rode off to school.

***

it was richie tozier's first day of school. well not his first day of school at that age. but it was his first day at this new school. he'd managed to convince his friends; beverly, stan and mike to come with him.

stan was a vampire like richie. beverly was also a vampire. however mike was a werewolf. there's always been tales about vampires and werewolves hating each other. this wasn't completely true. while they mildly dislike each other, they were usually quite civil to one another. this was different with richies friends though.

stan and mike were both soulmates but they'd always felt like something was missing. we'll get into that later. beverly hadn't found her soulmate yet. neither had richie. usually vampires and werewolves are the only ones with soulmates. however sometimes their soulmates were humans.

they could never hurt their soulmate. it was almost impossible. but there were ways. i mean, if say a human and a vampire were soulmates. it was possible for the vampire to turn the human. it would still hurt obviously, but it would hurt significantly less.

but back to richie's first day of actual school.

richie caught up to beverly, stan and mike at the end of the path. usually the vampires and werewolves lived in a separate, slightly hidden part of town. the school wasn't too far away. it was close enough that they could walk there but they still chose to use their bikes. they obviously couldn't run, it would be too much of a risk of them getting caught.

they pulled up to school and put their bikes into what seemed like the bike rack. considering there were other bikes in it, they were guessing it was. that was when richie saw him.

the most beautiful boy he had ever seen. he had chocolatey brown hair that was slightly long and wavy. his eyes practically sparkled when he looked around. he was wearing jeans and a tshirt. such an effortless outfit, yet this boy seemed to pull it off so well. the boy looked over in his direction.

***

as eddie was talking to bill and his other best friend ben, he could feel someone watching him. he looked around until his eyes caught a boy. this boy was unusually attractive. he had dark hair that framed his face perfectly. he wore large glasses that would look comical on anyone else, but this boy seemed to pull it off. he wore a dark blue hawaiian shirt over a grey queen tshirt tucked into jeans.

the world seemed to have stopped for both of the boys, and then it hit them. like a flash a warm feeling washed over both eddie and richie. it felt like there was something pulling them together. richie knew exactly what this was since he had been learning about it since he was young. eddie however had no idea what was going on.