Chapter 11

"What kind of question is that?" Saiki finally spat out his words. Teruhashi looked at him intensely before her stern look started to melt into a desperate scream. "I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU LIKED IT. I RISKED MY ENTIRE SOCIAL LIFE JUST SO YOU COULD BE HAPPY FOR ONCE, BUT OF COURSE YOU REACTED LIKE THAT. THAT'S HOW YOU REACT TO EVERYTHING. JUST.. ANGRY OR ANNOYED! ALL THE TIME. Please.. just stand out for once. So you can actually be happy. For me. For once." Teruhashi's words started fading into a defeated sob. Saiki was stunned by her screaming, and frankly he felt a little guilty. She was right, even after he could feel emotions he chose to still live his typical life, where he was almost never happy.

"You.. your right. I just haven't noticed-"

"NO. Clearly you haven't. Because I know your a nice guy Saiki, I want to believe that. Hopefully if you did notice you would've fixed it instead of being so.. damn selfish."

"I know, and your right. But your being selfish too. The only reason you want me to be happy is for your own benefit."

*sniff* ".. Your right. Look, can we both just apologize and forget this ever happened? I can fix your social problems that were caused by me. And I'll leave you alone."

"..Ok"

Saiki considered adding onto his answer, but he just couldn't get the words right. Besides, it'd be easier if Teruhashi left him alone, right? It was what he always wanted before. He could go through the same simple routine everyday without issues.. but for some reason that wasn't what he wanted. Saiki wanted something. Something more, but he couldn't think of what. He at least knew that it was something to do with Kokomi. He wouldn't admit it, but he still wanted her in his life. As frustrating and arrogant and self centered as she was.. Saiki liked having her in his routine. After some more silence and heavy tension, Teruhashi finally spoke.

"You never answered my question."

"What?"

"Don't play dumb, did you like the kiss or not? I'm assuming not based off the direction we're going and the, ahem, conversation we had about it-"

"Yes"

"..what?"

"I liked it."

Kusuo couldn't believe his own words. He just admitted his secret to Teruhashi! He wasn't even sure if he liked it or if he was just high on adrenaline before, but when he said it out loud he was certain that he did. Teruhashi stared into his eyes, her own still teary from the breakdown she had beforehand.

"Y-your joking me. No.. but you said-"

"I never said I didn't like it, I just said that you ruined my life in school. But yes, I still liked it."

Teruhashi started a slow and awkward laugh, that quickly evolved into a childish giggle as she put her hands on her knees to keep from falling. Saiki noticed tears falling on the pavement of the street they were walking on, but when he looked up he was met with a hug from Teruhashi, her crying onto his shoulder. After a few seconds he hugged back, and with his mouth he started laughing too. They both stayed like that for around five minutes, just hugging and laughing like maniacs. Eventually Teruhashi let go of Saiki and they kept walking back to her house, both still occasionally snickering. When she got ahold of herself Teruhashi sighed playfully and said;

"Well, it's dark and I'm beyond late to my dinner. So I'll see you at school tomorrow?"

"Sure. Not sure how we'll handle everyone asking questions though."

"It's ok, they should forget about it eventually, right? Plus, who cares. I was bound to kiss someone eventually. If they really respect me then they won't harass me about it."

"True. Anyway.. goodnight."

"Goodnight" said Teruhashi as she gave Saiki a kiss on the cheek. He decided that only one thing could make them even, so before she went to the door he took her hand and awkwardly but quickly kissed her, too. Stuttering, he said;

"So uh well.. bye."

"Hehe, bye."

As soon as she shut the door, Saiki teleported back to his room and fell onto his bed. Blushing uncontrollably, he put his pillow over his face, not regretting a thing.

"So that's the real Teruhashi, huh? I wonder why she is here.. and I wonder what I did to deserve her."