"I can't remember anything from my 5th birthday party, I think my memories are starting to fading away," I replied.

Max took my hands, "Hey, we'll get through this okay?"

I nodded, "Okay. Oh no."

"What?" Max asked.

I pointed at the poolside bar where Mr. Russo was flirting with the bartender. "Okay let's move in, be cool," Max said.

I nodded as we walked over to the bar. I took a seat as Max started laughing, "One guava smoothie please."

"We don't make guava smoothies, sorry," The bartender replied.

"Well then what am I drinking?" Mr. Russo asked.

"Papaya," The bartender replied.

"We'll take two please," I said.

"Papaya, I love the way you say that," Mr. Russo said making the bartender giggle.

Max turned to me, "All these years. Get your fruits straight man."

"What?" Mr. Russo asked.

Max turned to him, "What? Nothing."

The bartender handed us our drinks as I said a quick "Thank you."

"Gracias," Mr. Russo added.

As I was drinking my smoothie Max leaned over to Mr. Russo, "Hey, why don't you take this over to that girl for me? You know, she was kind of asking about you earlier." 

He gestured to Mrs. Russo as Mr. Russo asked, "Who is that? Is that your mom?"

"What? What? No! No. Unless you think she is and memories are flooding back," Max replied.

"Smooth," I whispered.

"You know you're a weird little kid, you know that?" Mr. Russo said.

"He gets that a lot," I replied.

Max then tried to egg Mr. Russo into giving Mrs. Russo the smoothie but he was to enamored with the bartender. Sure enough Max then turned the bartender into a golden retriever in order to get Mr. Russo to take the smoothie over to Mrs. Russo. But just as he did he spilled it all over her.

I gasped as Max smiled, then frowned, "Wait this is supposed to be the other way around.

"Yeah! Your mom was supposed to be the spiller not the spillee, do something!" I said.

I saw Max flick his finger to make Mrs. Russo throw a nearby glass of limeade on Mr. Russo. He turned to us as we smiled innocently. But sure enough they started to talk before Mrs. Russo walked away and Mr. Russo turned to us.

"What are you doing that's it?" I asked.

"What's the matter with you two?" Mr. Russo asked looking at us.

"You like her, right? Then why don't you go after her?" Max asked.

"Cute and feisty? Those are the most dangerous. I could really fall for her, you know if she was a wizard," Mr. Russo replied.

"What does that matter?" I asked.

"I told you. I'm a full wizard. I'm not gonna give up my powers for some mortal," Mr. Russo answered.

"You don't understand. You-" Max started.

"This is sticky now. This is sticky," Mr. Russo muttered, walking away.

Max then looked confused, "Why do I feel like there was something I was supposed to do?"

I cleared my throat pointing at the golden retriever bartender. He nodded before flicking his finger and we walked away.