91 | you'll need a drink for this

Start from the beginning

"I got a new job offer." She draws in a breath and rubs her arms together. "But it's not any better than what I've got. In fact it's even worse."

"What is your new job offer?"

"One question at a time Kook." She reminds me with a slight grin.

I nod. "Right,"

"Okay...so um, why does your mom have to stay in the hospital?" Elena inquires.

Now it's my turn to inhale deeply. "My mom has been in a coma for twelve years." I say and a gasp escapes her lips. "She's staying in the Intensive Care Unit of the Severance Hospital where the doctors monitor her condition and take care of her. My mother's old doctor, Mr Choi has retired I think a month ago and my dad didn't tell me anything. I only found out that he switched doctors when I went to visit her there. And on top of that the new doctor Mr Kang, nearly scared me to death when he was telling me about her having meningitis. Like, what the fuck? He could have started saying that she had a drug allergy! I almost had a heart attack, because I thought she had cancer or something. What a dick-"

"Wait, so let me get this straight," Elena begins. "I already know that your relationship with your dad isn't the closest, but did he seriously not inform you about switching doctors or the drug allergy?"

"My dad couldn't care less about what I think." He says. "It's complicated."

"Even so, she's your mother. You deserve to know what is going on with her condition."

"He isn't wrong for being the way he is." As soon as I stop talking, our eyes lock and she shifts on the sofa. "In a way, I am the one responsible for what happened-"

"I-I really don't know what to say," She cuts me mid sentence. "All of this has been weighing on your shoulders and I've been pushing you to tell me what's going on...I'm so sorry."

"Hey," I smile gently at her and move closer to her on the couch. "You don't have to be sorry about anything."

Elena's eyes are slowly tearing up and her lip is quivering. She reaches for my hoodie' sleeve and grips the soft material tightly.

"I mean-you were an asshole when I tried to confront you, there's no denying that." Elena clarifies and then proceeds, "But I was being pushy because when Jimin said that you'd visit someone there. I automatically assumed it was some girl, and then when you came back he said it again. He asked you how is 'she'. And I know that it was stupid of me to feel this way, but I was jealous."

"I've told you this before, you're the only girl I'm interested in." I cup her cheek and I can feel her skin heat up at the contact as a smile appears on her face. "In fact, there's something you should know." I lick my lips tentatively and just tell her, "A while ago, I've been given a scholarship to further my studies in Seoul. At first, I was seriously contemplating on going, because it would be more convenient when it came to visiting my mom more often. It was difficult to study here and then try to find a blank space on my calendar to go to Seoul and if I continued staying here, I could only see her twice or three times a year." I study her reaction carefully as the smile on her face slowly melts away, yet she's trying her best to look neutral. The disappointed expression is practically dripping from her confused eyes and pouty lips. It's not right for me to feel happy about her reaction, but that basically confirms that she doesn't want me to go anywhere and it only confirms that my decision of declining was the right one.

"I think, that it's important that you go to study in Seoul." Elena mutters and I almost cackle. It's painfully obvious that she's struggling to say that in a sincere manner while looking at me in the eye.

It's so fucking adorable.

"Yeah, well...the thing is I couldn't find it in me to let you go." I say and just like that her face brightens up and she rubs her cheek against my palm as I tenderly caress her cheekbone. "By the way, I know that you didn't mean a word that you just said." I laugh at her and she slaps my hand away playfully.

"No, I meant it!" She claims. "But at the same time I didn't. Does that make me a bad person?"

"Not at all. It just makes you a selfish person." I snicker.

"Hey! I'm not selfish!" Elena says, her voice inheriting a high pitch that makes me laugh even more.

"Of course you're not. You just want me all to yourself." I grin.

"Jungkook!" She throws her small fist at my bicep, that feels more like a pat rather than an actual punch. "Well that's true," she adds with a giggle.

"My turn," I say. "Where are you going to work now?"

Elena sighs and straightens her back against the sofa's arm. "The Empire Hotel."

"I think I'm gonna need more than that."

"What you'll need is a drink." She murmurs.

"Elena, come on," I say softly. "Tell me what is going on."

But she averts her glance and looks down at her nails that are digging through her flesh. I take her hand in mine and she relaxes a little. Only now, a tear falls from the corner of her eye. "It's a total shit-show Jungkook...I just-I don't know how I'll get out of this mess now."

"Whatever it is we will figure it out Elena." I promise her and wrap my arms around her small frame as I tenderly caress her head. "Baby please tell me what is going on, so that we figure out a solution."

"That's the problem," she sniffles and hides her face in my chest. "I'm not the only one involved."

it took them 90 chapters to talk shit out:)

I know I asked this before on my wall but here I think I'll get more responses so....what song do you associate with this book?👀 (it doesn't have to be kpop related)